American Conquest

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Original-Cossacks-Player, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

Today I got the urge to play it again, such a classic, I still remember buying this game all those years ago and waiting for it to come in the mail, how times have changed!

Thought I'd take some screens of a defensive fortress I built on a high plateau to protect the port below, the graphics and eye candy alone was enough to buy the game:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I took some screens of how games used to come, what a time it was! You used to get a few goodies with the game disc, I always especially loved how games came with a printed glossy manual and tech tree!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Burak Damgacı and Loner like this.
  2. Loner

Loner Active Member

Did you ever buy ACFB and install Gexozoids Napoleonic Mod, that was surely the best mod ever made.:cool:

3. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

The Gex, or Hawks Mod was the only way to play the game!

Made a big difference, transformed the game.

4. grizzgolf

grizzgolf Member

You think those mods would work on the steam copy?

5. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

Yeh I remember them, played them both!

In American Conquest I used to love how morale determined battlefield success rather than just numbers and stacking units on top of each other like Cossacks 3 does. You'd actually use your pikeman to screen/protect your musketeers after they fired in case enemy cavalry rode on in. And vice versa if you saw a weak spot in your enemies formations, like after the musketeers had fired and they were reloading you could storm your cavalry in there and do great damage, how I miss all this! Proper battlefield tactics!

Burak Damgacı and Loner like this.
  6. Burak Damgacı

Burak Damgacı Well-Known Member

Hi Original, I think native American attack was good. They came with all and burned everything:)) All native American tribe had different warrior type. I missed the artillery crew and cavalry who used two types of weapon.

7. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

I am not sure?

Would not hurt to give it a try.

I would suggest the hawks mod, as it was the latest of his efforts.

Daddio

8. shiunghanching

shiunghanching New Member

You can download the MODs I collected here: http://www.americanconquest.info/mod.html This in a American Conquest Unofficial Chinese website I made.

Some tips: The old CD game AC and ACFB can not run on windows 10. The Digital version from Steam and GOG.com can work on Windows 10. Most of the MODs is No engine modifications , they only chamge some date and pictures. But the Gexozoids Napoleonic Mod has remake the engine(dmcr.exe) . But Gexozoids remke the old engine. So the Napoleonic Mod can not run on windows 10.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice