Any plans to invent pistols?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aistis1990, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

Now thats a question!!! If youd watch movies or you read history... people used pistols in 17c , 18c... in Khmelnytsky's cossacks uprising there was also pistols used by cossacks. And we see in cover some half naked cossacks with both pistols. But in this game it's non-existant weapon. Why? At least officiers could have pistols. Or some elite cavalry like Life guards. The pistol range might be similar to Kings musketeers shooting range. Slightly shorter and it could be like shockntroops I think.

Another thing would be to rework with (do not attack) command. Where you could press it disable and units would not shoot but if pressed to attack the units would go for melee. Maybe all this topic is not whats it gonna be , but... since half naked cossacks has pistols but whole game doesnt have them it looks really odd :-D

Commodore likes this.
  2. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

They still have bugs to clear, artillery is still unmanned. I think pistols are a nice addon, especially considering their extensive use by Reiters and W.Hussars, but that would probably come from the fanbase.

3. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

as far I remember they never intended to add crew to cannons.

4. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

Exactly, so why bother with pistols? They stated several times they do not know how to program the artillery crews so they function as intended, it might be the same with pistols, although 18c bayonet units do have a secondary attack.

5. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

Pistols will be available in American Conquest 2.
    In the original American Conquest some units fired a musket/pistol and also melee attacked with swords, they could switch between weapons.

6. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

1) AQ2? Ok I totally missed that one, can be post where it is stated that AQ2 will appear?
    2) every unit in AQ had at least one melee attack, but I cant remember units that had 2 different range attacks (except arrows and fire arrows)

7. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

1) American Conquest 2 is not official, but as stated elsewhere GSC would be mad NOT to do an American Conquest 2 remake, they already have the Cossacks 3 game engine, it's just a matter of doing some new animations, re-texturing units, new buildings and adding the morale system, 90% of the work is already done with the Cossacks 3 engine, they don't even need to program for a zoom out mode as the in-game camera can already do this.

2) Remember the Conquistador unit on horseback? It fired powder and shot and also attacked with a sword when close up, I used to love the sound of this horseback unit when their was a bunch of them running around, the sound effect was of horses sprinting.

8. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

the truth is while C1 and C3 are one of my fav games I consider AQ one of the worst RTS I have ever played, because:

-morale: I dislike it, it is annoying to send units back and forth again. with limited units that would work but later on you have so many units that you simple want that they die but they dont because they retread, ---> games take to long.
    -you could not disable capture, thats so nice if a unit run into your building and destroys it, its also VERY difficult to spot one soldier if he is hidden under trees. (its much easier to see units in C3). Also hitchance is random, so even if you place some guards you can get unlucky and they enter anyway.
    -requires insane micromanagment: buildings could not attack and train units at the same time, you forget do disable/enable unit production, well you have lost. Also if fighting against armoured units you have to wait and fire at late as possible, fire to early = no damage (due to armour), fire to late they engage in melee and die. By the way, formation was much more powerful but also much more bugged in AQ.
    -if buildings burn (buildings can easily hit their own buildings), there is no message and they slowly burn to death. You CONSTANLY have to check if everything is ok. Also requires much micromanagment (sending peasents to repair) and buildings were MUCH more expensive then in C1, so if you have lost a certain building, well not good. One random archer could start a fire and destroy your building, that was not possible in C1.
    -talking about horses, 1. no pure melee cavalry? sure lets have melee armoured pike but no melee cavalry (except russia and natives). also they required so much micromanagment, fire, reatreat, fire retreat, otherwise they would engage into melee combat and they were garbage without melee upgrades. Also horses were so INSANE expensive that you always had to check your food supply, you could easily run out of resources.
    -games could take forever, destroying the enemy was pretty hard, cannons were so bad on buildings.
    -terrible balance I thing I was able to beat 2 very hard european nations but 1 very hard native nation like maya, IMPOSSIBLE, they spam millions of units towards you and thanks due micromanagement you lose.

C3 is so much more fun to play, pike in front, shooters behind, then attack. While formations in C1 were also bugged, they were not mandatory due to small boni (no morale). Thats the reason I really dislike AQ.

However: if these things would be changed, I would gladly buy AQ 2. I am pretty sure that with an adviser (automatically repair), no more auto hitting of buildings, NOT BUGGED formation, Balance, I could enjoy that game.

I dont have AQ right now but I thing that dragoons behaved like all shooters, one range attack and one melee attack. The only different between ranged shooter were that they could reload while moving and would engage in melee automatically.

9. Aduhi

Aduhi Member

We can't expect new games from them in the nearest future, taking into consideration they have told that they will be doing everything around Cossacks 3 until 1 year will pass. This mean that we have to wait until 20.10.2017 and we should have bigger knowledge about their next plans.

10. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

Too bad heres no badass officiers. Using pistols and their swords. Anyway its pretty funny. Half naked cossack has 2 pistols , but no pistols in game. Units are using slash attack with swords and they do pike attack. Many units have high sword ressistance , but no units have high sword dmg. On I saw peasant building in art depot cannon tillits finished and seen cannonball effects. On actual game theres not. I really like this game and the dev team is amazing. Its just I write what do I see what looks pretty funny! Anyways I like the progress they made so far.