Battlefield 1 versus Cossacks 3

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Original-Cossacks-Player, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

Why is it I can play Battlefield 1 on my PC with full visual specs without any lag/slowdown but Cossacks 3 starts to run slow and lag when battles take place?

Oh and if you're wondering if I think Cossacks 3 is better than Battlefield 1, the answer is yes I think Cossacks 3 is better than Battlefield 1, so lets get this game running properly on everyone's systems!

2. DeX-TeR

DeX-TeR Member

Man, I have the same issue, with my 2*GTX1080 and 64GB of RAM, however I don't own Battlefield 1.
    I am thinking to move to GTX1080ti * 2, but haven't got approval from the developers that this will solve my low FPS in Cossacks3.

3. Original-Cossacks-Player

The thing is Battlefield 1 uses massive CPU and RAM resources even playing on the lowest graphics settings, I have Cossacks 3 on the lowest graphics settings just to get it working without crashes or slowdowns/lag and I have more than twice the recommended CPU & RAM.

Those specs you have are huge and I can't even imagine that causing any problems?

I suspect the major issues are with how the Cossacks 3 game engine operates and handles the games resources.

4. DeX-TeR

DeX-TeR Member

I may agree with you, specially it is starting to be not in the beginning of the game but after some time playing the same game.
    Hopefully they will change the resource allocation and find a way to handle the resources in a better way, as I do enjoy that kind of the RTS and have spent a lot of time playing it and still have time to spend

5. Original-Cossacks-Player

In an early patch they changed the way game resources are used by memory/RAM, this did help performance significantly, hopefully more are on the way.

6. Ferox

Ferox Administrator Staff Member

Well, we're still working on the game's optimization, so it's bound get better in the future. Thanks for giving preference to C3 over BF1, it means a lot to us :)

7. Original-Cossacks-Player

I hope you can really optimize Cossacks 3, because it really is my favourite game :)

D4reDevill, DeX-TeR and ney like this.
  8. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

I have the same performance problems. My system is only a bit better than the recommend requirements. I have no high end hardware. And sadly Cossacks 3 is totaly unplayable :( The performance is horrible. It became a bit better with the last update, but it is by far not enough.
    I hope they will be able to fix the problems.

I bought the game right at the beginning, I helped the developers with translating a lot of things and I can not even play the game. That is very sad :(

But don't get me wrong. I really hope they can fix the performance problems and then I am willing to help making it a great game. Beside of the performance problems many other things have to be improved, too. But for me performance is the first step. Otherwise everything else does not make sense

9. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

I purchased a new machine and video card last year (top of the line then) in anticipation of the game's release as originally announced. I have a dedicated hard wired high speed cable connection. I am still slower than many loading the game upon launch.

10. Aduhi

Aduhi Member

SSD gives a lot. I can count on one hand players who loaded faster than me. One player told me that he has got SSD and i5 (i don't exactly remember which generation). [I have got HDD 7200 RPM] For sure you can't expect faster loading of the game by upgrading your graphics card. In RTS games count mainly CPU and in case you want to have loading times decreased also SSD.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice