C-3 Army order of battle, movement and deployment

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nowy, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

I stand with Foeurdr.

This is mainly pointless. These are only opinions. Some prefer single, and others multi. whether one is more popular than the other is pointless. Only what matters is what you like. not what others like.

Enjoy the game as you wish, and stop arguing about who is right?

And as always keep it civil, personal attacks will be dealt with.

Daddio

2. ono1

ono1 Active Member

Your facts are just false and Im out....

arpe and [PR]Ernest like this.
  3. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

I refered to this forum stats, these clearly shows what threads are popular and what are less popular.
    This was clear to me that threads about news, fans wishes and suggestions are much more popular than any muilti player matters. So, I can somehow generalise that MP matters are not so popular even on forum dominated by C1 fans.

When some things are more popular these mean people are interseted in this matters. These of course are personal preferences and many things are both for SP and MP. Therefore I said that both these modes are important, but main customers base is SP, taking the facts from the past sold GSC games.

As I said MP and SP are both important modes, but main customers base was and probably will SP. That is not nostalgia case, that is a fact which I showed in numbers, 4 million C1 copies sold are much bigger than some thousands MP fans.

We do not know how many SP still play C1 game, but we can not ignore that MP never reached 4 millon players.

4. [PR]Ernest

[PR]Ernest Moderator Staff Member

It was not personal attack. I write what I see. This is not normal to write this "Yes, I know true and real facts." and ignore all arguments, which I give. No one answer to your comments because of that. I can repeat last time. Look at Gothic or Wolfenstein new order - great games, a lot of good reviews and fans around the world, BUT no one play it now. Only from time to time. Do you know why? Because they play it and delete. After finish of the game you don't need that game. Now, look at the great games with multiplayer eg. Dota 2, counter strike or starcraft. Do you think that starcraft would be so popular game now only thanks to single player? Of course no. I think that if gothic has multiplayer or wolfenstein it would be still one of the most popular multiplayer games. Making single player games in our times is the worst what they can do.
    Can you give me example of single player game, which people play for 4 years everyday? Dota 2 achieved it, there is about milion people active one day. In league of legends 7,5 milions.

ono1 and arpe like this.
  5. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

That is not totally true because there exist a lot of Gothic 1 and Gothic 2 modifications. Luckily I am german and the majority of the modder and mods are in german. German games at their best.

Although I dont play G1 (not because of graphic, AI is so terrible in that game and you can not edit that) I play G2 quite often. There were even tries to create Gothic 2 Multiplayer mods. If that could have worked woah most likely I would have played it every day. If you dont believe me I can link to the german Gothic modder forum were is still some living.

However it is an old game and the modding scene is becoming smaller and smaller. Big modifications with new worlds, new storylines, NPC and dialoges are very rare these days. And of course I dont play the entire game again just for a small change. Especially improvements in graphics and AI are quite hard.

By the way (you can hate me for that) but I would prefer a Gothic 1 remake (if possible together with G2) over an cossacks remake.

Gothic 3 was a disaster and I asked one of the developers once if they would make a G1 remake, pretty unlikely.

Ivan the Terrible likes this.
  6. From the point of view of the producer there is no difference whether you'll play 4 days or 4 years. What matters is that you bought this game, nobody cares what you do with it later and how long.

7. [PR]Ernest

[PR]Ernest Moderator Staff Member

You didn't understand me. Only few fans know about gothic multiplayer, which is so bugged and unofficial. I know that a lot of fans play it still, but imagine how popular gothic would be today if it was designed for multiplayer too, from the beginning. I think it could be so popular as counter strike.

I think that it is a difference. You have bigger and bigger amount of fans and you can release some addons etc. You can earn much more from the product, and get bigger popularity = more people will buy it or next game of this game studio.

8. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

No, that was your personal attack against me, becouse you can not to call in qwestion my knowlege and can not call me with words which you were used in your rude post.

You had not any arguments, so I did not ignore all your arguments, becouse you did not show any arguments.
    Now you try add hollow arguments with other games and you speculate what people do with these games, why they do not paly or why they play. Your remarks are clear false. You have not any real arguments to prove your speculations.
    So, these are not your real arguments.

Do not compare Counter strike, Dota2 and Starcraft with cossacks games, becouse these are quite different games.
    Take in mind these pervious games have much, much bigger MP fan base and much bigger support which Cx never got.
    Ligue of legends and other fantasy games are not adressed to fans of RTS games based on real historical periods.

You could compare Cx with AoE, RoN, EoE and other RTS games based somehow on old historical periods.
    These games got SP and MP modes, but MP is not so popular as you think, comparing to sold games copies.

For small company as like GSC, better is develop game mainly for SP with MP as addiotional mode.
    This way they do not need to invest more money needed for MP scene. That is clear for everybody who can count smartly simple numbers and analyse video games market.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  9. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

yeah but a game that is played for a long time creates a strong fan base. And a strong fan base will most likely buy the next game.

As far I know Gothic was never really successful in america because it had to less action. But it was quite popular in Europe (same as cossacks). In G3 they made the game more like a action game, permanent clicking and you can kill everything. Such a terrible game.

On the other hand. Even if the same company would make a Gothic remake (together with multiplayer) I would not be too exciting because after G3. no it will become a clicking action style game for the american market. They should have added Multiplayer in Gothic, would be so much fun.

Edit:
    Also G3 and Risen (the next series made by the Gothic developers) had no moding tools. There are still many people in the gothic discussion and gothic modding forum but the risen forum is kind of dead. Therefore I am sure that C3 will last long due to their modding tools. Today most games comes without modding tools because you can sell every bad DLC for money.

[PR]Ernest likes this.
  10. arpe

arpe Active Member

Sorry Nowy you're rly wrong. Starcraft is a strategy Cossacks too. SP is less popular MP is better and more popular.

11. ono1

ono1 Active Member

I think he is trolling us.... there is no other way

[PR]Ernest and arpe like this.
  12. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

But Starcraft has also a long storyline: there are youtube videos with only story cutscenes, mission briefing and so on
    SC1: 1:33 hours
    Broodwar: 1:36 hours
    SC2_WOL: 6:46 hours
    SC2_HOS: 5:20 hours
    SC2_LOV: 5:05 hours

need some time to watch all these videos.

Also Warcraft games were mostly multiplayer But it had such a good storyline that they made world of warcraft. I did not play WOW because the multiplayer in Warcraft was so good i did it because of the Story. I even bought some Warcraft novels.
    By the way I dont play WOW anymore.

13. Emberplate

Emberplate New Member

I can tell you loads of story's when we are playing C3 :p hehe

14. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Do not make me laugh. :D:D:D
    Starcraft and Cossacks are different games, however both are RTS. Starcraft base on space fantasy while Cossacks are based on historical units. Starcraft get BIG MP SUPPORT which Cossacks games never got.
    So, you can not comapre these games even in a matter MP and I was right.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  15. Emberplate

Emberplate New Member

Ofc they got, its Blizzard a multinational company ;)

16. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

there are also many other differences between cossacks and starcraft.
    -in cossacks you mostly use one unit (thanks to private upgrades) while you use more in Starcraft. well you can spam zerglings after zergling once the enemy has air units you should build something else. in cossacks every unit can attack every unit and there is no bonus damage.
    -upgrades are by far not as important as in cossacks. Even if the enemy has +1 attack in starcraft you can still win, if the enemy has one upgrade more the difference is way more terrible.
    -if the enemy goes into your base he can still cause some troubles, in C it is gameover due to capturing (I thing that is one of the main problems with the game, one cheap unit destroys everything in seconds, in starcraft you need time, and a lot of units to destroy everything. Really make one small mistake in C1 or Aq and let even one unit (the cheapest in the game) run into your base and it is game over.
    -Starcraft has also special effects. Spellcaster can use abilityies such as defensive matrix, stealth and so on.
    -200 maximum unit counter in Starcraft. Most units have a population counter of 2 or more. Meaning you have in generell less than 100 units to control. Not as zerg. In cosacks it is more mass.
    -in starcraft you run out of resources. There are fixed locations for minerals you want to fight for. Gameplay changes once the resources run low. Also even if you loose all worker at a gathering place, not so bad. Well loosing a mine with 95 peasants in cossacks? way much more devastating.

17. ono1

ono1 Active Member

Thats why I love Cossacks and I never played (will play) Starcarft

18. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

ok and what points dont you like especially? Dont tell me you dislike all of them.

19. ono1

ono1 Active Member

Most what I hate is army limitation..... I hate it on every single game...... I like to create awesome big armies which will be breath taking.... Its making game for me really boring.... and even special magic..... thats kinda bad for me too

20. Emberplate

Emberplate New Member

Can imagine what you mean, I got starcraft here played it for a week, got bored really fast. Best way in there is for example in 3vs3 2 rush the enemies and 1 is a resource gatherer with heavy units for lateron. Limitation on units lower then 500 and so, creates a game where rushing is great and not going for better upgraded units etc is a waste.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice