C3 change ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nowy, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

Well yeah. It's sad that modders have to work on setting balanced settings. Altering stats and etc. But anyways In c3 same as in c1 zerg vs zerg no positioning strategy.

2. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

There no positioning strategy becouse there are not proper strategy elements which can properly recreate historical economy, warfare, tactics, and few other things. C3 game include only ONE effective strategy with crazy economy development relay on stone trade and crazy combats between blobed clone units.

There no sensible strategy becouse, there no proper tactics,units stats, army OOB, squads sizes, formations shapes etc.
    When there are lot of flawed things, positioning strategy is imposible even in mirror match.

I wonder how many times can player play with blobed clone clashes? I find this is borring soon.

Nowу likes this.
  3. Falc09

Falc09 Member

It's the same situation for everyone. The question is (like in any other game) who makes the best out of it and finally wins.

You can change the whole game, in the end its the same question: who makes the best out of the given situation and wins. In most RTS games it comes down to one or two nations and one or two strategys that are slightly better than all other options. Even if you support difficult strategies in the game, players will again always rely on those few options that makes winning a little easier.

The only thing that makes the game a little boring at the moment is the huge difference between the nations, thus leaving some nations (spain, venice, ...) completely useless behind. Only participating in Ukr vs Denmark games as it is at the moment is definetly some kind of boring.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  4. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Hmm, I disagree with your remarks and find that

1. RTS game could include various strategies, even highly standarised chess allow play various strategies.
    Cossacks style games allow implement different strategies for different nations, at last C1, C2, AC tried to do it. However completly failed, becouse included too many flaws. These lead to C3 flawed and borring game.

2. RTS based on historical buildings and units could include features which better fit to historical reality.
    For instance I propose include six different powers tiers for C3 nations. This include different strategies based on historical features. However buildings and units stats for all nations should include similar stats for similar cases. Economy features, build order, costs, upgrads also needs lot of easy tweaks which make game play more sensible.

3. Proposed in this thread simple change ideas can improve well know C3 flaws e.g.
    - horrible imbalanced nations
    - strange economy development based on stone trade, marginal agriculture, manufacturing and strange trading roles
    - flawed build order with crazy megapolis, too many town halls, mines, only few windmill with poor plants, etc
    - badly organized army and navy, squads, formations, warfare, tacitcs, commnaders, units useability, fortifications, etc
    - wrong units stats e.g. pikes recruitment, mercenary, artillery, Ukraine Serdiuks, Danish or Prussian Musketers, etc.

I guess, my propositions make C3 game play, better balanced, more interesting and less borring.
    Proposed changes allow play differet strategies for different nations with more realistic features.

When GSC eliminate mentioned flawed elements, then C3 game play will include less flaws.
    Less flaws mean better game and better features allow play more enjoyable games for more players.

This is GSC interest to make less flawed game which will find more customers without a doubt.

Nowу likes this.
  5. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

There's a game called : "7 years war" the game is from similar era ^^ . Even though combat looks crappy. As I heard the game was made by only 1 person :D

6. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

Nowy I agree ;) For example : Spain is IMO very lame nation in cossacks. Though it was ruling power in Europe During XVI-XVII century. There could be 30% cheaper Upgrades for crops in Academy for Spain. Since it had very strong economy regarding food :) Their 17c Pikemen should look similar to ones in "American Conquest" , they could also have 17c Heavy Cavalry similar to Conquistadors , Unique 18c Dragoons and Light infantry.

Venice is also regarded as a strong nation in Europe. During Renaissance it was culturally and political leading power. But as well what do they have? Nothing... No unique muskets , no unique soldiers.

I suggest (I doubt that devs would care) to work for each expansion additionally with existing nations units . balance. Similar like they added in "Days of brilliance" Polish 17c Dragoon. They could also add few units , or remakes for some nations ;)

Let's say next dlc they will add Bavaria and Saxony. They could also add 1 Sweden unit , change 1 other Sweden unit. And dd Spain 2 Units.

Falc09 likes this.
  7. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Yes, some innovations for existing nations units in C3 game would be wellcome, but this cosmetic innovations do not improve the game play too much. In this thread I propose make general improvements needed in this game. Old C 1 game play features simple copy in C3 looks and works bad today.

Therefore main thing is make more changes in C3 game e.g. add more sensible units stats, improve economy development, warfare, tactics etc. Proposed easy tweaks could quickly improve C3 game play which run a ground now.

Side note, question to moderator or administrator of this forum.
    Could you check who is this new "Nowy" who gave me some likes under my posts yesterday?
    I am well known memeber Nowy registered in 2015 , but who is this new member Nowy registered in December 2016?
    Are there TWO members under the same nick name now?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Nowу likes this.
  8. Loner

Loner Active Member

Two Nowys,:p sorry, but I find this hilarious.:D.

9. Falc09

Falc09 Member

How is it even possible to have two accounts using exactly the same name?

10. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

I never liked playing C1 competitive against random other players (I am more the fun gamer)
    I preferred playing with a friend in Lan.

and we made some rules like
    -dont use mortar against mines

Last time we made a new rule.
    -every second 17c barracks MUST NOT train pike and can only train muskets.

That was actually quite fun, well of course I dont know if he cheated and secretly trained some pikes in the 2nd barracks but I trusted him.
    game was not as boring than just using pikes.

I used that for my mod blacksmith WAY higher costraising but can train 17c muskets.

I really tried to use some 17c muskets in real games but nope, they are USELESS.
    Therefore if I could add one wish it would be that the beginning of the game would be a little bit more complex. Make 17c muskets more useful. and not using 17c pike only.

11. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Yeah, many fans try improve this game with their own rules, but this is not enough.
    I think GSC have to do more sensible changes in C3 game when they what to keep this game alive.

I already wrote many suggestions, ideas and concrete propositions, what and how they could improve in the game.

You can check my unit stats propositions which change many things, including units recruitment ratios, damage etc.
    My unit stats showed in this thread allow create more interesting armies. Player can sensible create different units, even 17th musketers and dragons, they are not completly uesless as it is in C1 or C3 game.

You do not need to make special rules to limit pikes. In my proposition pikes lost their fast recruitment advantage and musketeers are create faster. This allow create fine unit mixt, pikes and musketeers supported with cavalry and artillery.

All units get new stats, these allow improve also artillery roles in the game.
    Mortars get bigger power, but worse accuracy, lowered range of fire and their costs can limit their abilities.
    Cannons and howitzers recruitment ratio is like 3 to 1. I propose eventually add new cannons e.g. heavy 24 pdr needed during sieges.

New unit stats allow create, move and deploy armies in proposed order of battle, characteristic for represented periods.
    These changes allow play for fun as well as for sensible, competitive games too.