Cavalli Realism mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Francesco_Cavalli, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Francesco_Cavalli

Francesco_Cavalli Active Member

Sorry Milo I haven't turned by computer on since Saturday so haven't noticed any extra hotfixes! I'll have it done tonight, hopefully. Thanks for the heads up @Ebel !

2. No worries mate, real life comes always first and nobody is paying you anyway!

If you do manage to fix it drop a comment and I'll get on with some testing. I'd really like to try out your changes with the Highlanders, it must be really interesting to use them as front line units.

3. In case you plan to work on it tonight as you earlier mentioned, be careful because there is another update yet again. I think I should probably back up the files of this one so that if they do release yet a third hotfix I'll be able to use the mod nonetheless.

4. Francesco_Cavalli

Ah, maybe I'll postpone. Woykdn't mind the hotfixes if they came with a changelog...atm I'm not that impressed with the changes

Milo_of_Lombardy likes this.
  5. Hope they hasten their job. I have become so enthralled with the mod and been studying new strategies that I can't play vanilla anymore.

6. Francesco_Cavalli

UPDATE

This works with my latest version so hope it'll fix the issues you had: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5eKnH1mxlxlNXNOVm4xYWZBYXM

Minor updates to melee upgrades as follows:

-Highlanders remain strong throughout the game, but well-trained musketeers and some nation's grenadiers close the gap slightly
    -Prussian, Austrian, Swedish and English musketeers are strongest after upgrades, with Spain and Russia having some of the weakest, if only by a few melee points.
    -French, Russian and Prussian grenadiers are stronger than those of other nations

7. Wonderful changes, most of which with nations I play quite often so that will give me some work and indeed lots of fun testing new strategies.

Austria and France are now my priority for sure.

8. Francesco_Cavalli

I forgot to mention that pandurs are now quite vicious in hand to hand when fully upgraded - this should hopefully make them useful as guerrilla troops

9. It would. I'm going to check that out tonight myself, but how did you change the firepower for all three light infantry guys?

"-Light infantry balanced to assume a different role to regulars. " What did you change? Did you increment the rifle damage similarly to vanilla, leaving the pandur and chasseur as the most powerful with the Highlanders slightly behind? Is the better accuracy still there for the Chasseur? And lastly, is the range now the same as other units or did you leave the vanilla value where chasseurs have 800 vs musks which have 900 and pandurs 850?

thanks in advance.

10. Francesco_Cavalli

Pandurs and Chesseurs have about 200 extra range than musketeers, and have a much smaller dispersion (and thus better accuracy). Off the top of my head, Prussian Musketeers are on a rate of 40 dispersion points with Highlanders, other 18th C units are on 45 with Pandurs on 35, Chasseurs 30 and 17th Century Muskets on 60.

11. That's more than enough info, thanks. I guess I'm going to play Austria then. The pandurs seem to be really powerful now, and I love that you gave more nations' musketeers their rightful throne. Historically speaking Austria, France and England I believe should get musketeers almost as good as the prussians'.

12. Francesco_Cavalli

I'll keep playing around with it until I have something meaningful while not over the top. It's a shame I have to create new entities to have more dynamic differences like accuracy and reload rate

13. Francesco_Cavalli

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. melbournePL

melbournePL New Member

I have problem with your mod. After picking it in mod manager I have black screen with mouse only instead of main menu. Clean version runs perfect

15. Francesco_Cavalli

I'm afraid I don't know if it's compatible with mod manager. Unless GSC have released an update this afternoon it should work perfectly if you copy the files in

16. waterstorm

waterstorm New Member

Thanks for this great mod!
    Sadly I do have also have an black screen when I'm trying to start Cossacks with your mod installed (I did install it as you said, replacing all files, not using any mod manager). Maybe there was an update/hotfix after all?

17. Francesco_Cavalli

I'm playing with no problem, so this is very strange. Try this version and see if it helps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5eKnH1mxlxlQWZaVnNXS3Z4cmM

Can I just double-check that you're moving the data and dlcs folders into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cossacks 3?

18. waterstorm

waterstorm New Member

Yep, that one works :) Thank you!

19. had the same problem like waterstorm here, this one fixed it. I controlled the update history on steam this time, the last one was on Tuesday so I don't know what went wrong with the other download.

20. Any tips on how to make good formations for musketeers? The best I can think of, unless on a uneven ground where you can exploit the terrain, is making very small units of 36 men each and manoveuring them many times in battle in order to maximise firepower. Maybe moving forward and back said formations. But even the second rank of a small formation can't shoot so I wouldn't know.

Anyway I have checked the fully upgraded pandur and compared them with the musks and grenadiers for Austria. It seems the light infantryman is still quite inferior compared to the other units which also tain 40% faster. The cost is slightly lower and that's ok, but having -30 hp, and less firepower than the musketeer make this fellow useless. I would just spam musks especially if austria has excellent one.

Indeed if you intend us to make only small elite units of pandurs or chasseurs, which can easily outrange and snipe other musks with guerrilla tactics, I can confirm the range is effectively useful, but the halved bullet spread isn't as far as I've tested. It doesn't seem to give the Pandur any noticeable precision - quite the opposite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice