Cossacks 3 one year anniversary

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Original-Cossacks-Player, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

The 1st year anniversary of the release of Cossacks 3 is fast approaching (21st September), will GSC be releasing anything for this occasion? New units/nations?

When will GSC release information on their next gaming project to proceed Cossacks 3?

Burak Damgacı and Kamilow like this.
  2. Kamilow

Kamilow Well-Known Member

Unfortunately , no chance :confused:.

3. icosferu

icosferu Active Member

Do you really want something to be released after Cossacks 3?

Kamilow likes this.
  4. БоевойБосяк

БоевойБосяк Active Member

Your tricks will not pass. Nothing interesting. Like before.

5. Original-Cossacks-Player

I'm hoping for something after Cossacks 3, but we don't have any hints on the direction GSC are heading after Cossacks 3 whether they will stay with the RTS formula for now or go for a FPS title like STALKER, American Conquest 2 is the next logical and cost effective step, I couldn't imagine them doing a FPS atm because they are expensive to develop.

6. Vidas

Vidas Member

Today is one year from cossacks 3 released. In order to have full remake need to add 18 th century ships, Venetian unique ship (or other some unique unit) and Bedouin.

From FAQ:

5. Will Cossacks 3 feature 18th century naval units?
    Yes! They will come as a DLC in 2017.

But in Lordeagle page main developer sayed, that now he don't speak about 18th century ships:

17. Что с флотом? планируется какой-то ребаланс флота? будет ли флот 18 века? если да то когда?

Корабли 18 века - пока без комментариев. Ребаланс - да. В одном из последних патчей отказались от механики кораблей стрельбы по своим и собственный флот при неверном размещении перестал сносить свои же корабли.

http://lordeagle.ru/news/intervyu-s-evgeniem-grigorovichem-razrabotchikom-kazakov-3/

So would be some day 18 th century ships?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Burak Damgacı and ney like this.
  7. Original-Cossacks-Player

The reason why so many of us want to see the return of American Conquest 2 is because the original American Conquest added so much more realism to GSC's strategy games following on from Cossacks. American Conquest had more realistic building to unit sizes/ratios, cannon crew was added, realistic loading and firing of musket animations, units were produced/trained from peasants (just like in real life troops didn't just appear from nowhere they had to be trained from a common person) relatively realistic firing rates, ship sizes were improved and most of all morale was added to the game. For those who don't know the original American Conquest morale on the battlefield was a very important advantage or disadvantage depending on your tactics, for example if a number of nearby troops were killed in a volley of fire or cannonball burst, the surrounding units would flee/rout because so many of their comrades had been killed suddenly. If you attacked enemy units from behind with a cavalry charge and routed them the enemy would also try and flee, or surprise attack them from behind, so you can imagine how you could use your cavalry better and realistically in American Conquest, in Cossacks 3 you do not have this realism, you just throw your cavalry in their and the enemy just keeps on firing or using pikes. If a flag bearer or officer died during a battle morale would also drop and troops less willing to fight. Troops that also have a certain number of kills would have better morale and less chance of fleeing (your veteran troops) so you could position these troops on the battlefield to your advantage so that the less experienced troops won't flee. And formations had a big impact on battlefield tactics, if you had tightly packed formations with an officer and flag bearer you had great morale amongst that formation.
    In American Conquest: Divided Nation (which uses the same engine as AC) even forests/trees gave a defensive cover value to troops positioned amongst the forest so you could ambush your enemy or uses smaller forces to attack and defend. This is something GSC could easily add if they did an American Conquest 2.

The best thing about American Conquest is you really could rely on battlefield tactics even with a smaller force than the enemy you could win battles with carefully planned maneuvers, in Cossacks 3 its just a bunch of blobbed units clashing with each other and the battle is over in 20 seconds, and I get that is the point of Cossacks 3 as its almost arcade in style, but most of us look for something else with American Conquest 2.

And sure the morale system was never perfect in American Conquest, we all get that, but with some tweaking and the way GSC allow for easier modding the community can perfect this anyway.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  8. Francesco_Cavalli

Francesco_Cavalli Active Member

This this this this this. Please read this devs. Looking at steam the strategy market is increasingly swamped with arcady games with terrible reviews - please consider using the exellent engine you've created to build something spectacular, that stands out in the market.

9. Grubnessul

Grubnessul Member

Cossacks III's birthday:

[​IMG]

10. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

It is a sad day when one year has gone by and people with Macs cannot yet play.
    BTW- has developer support expired after one year?

11. Burak Damgacı

Burak Damgacı Well-Known Member

Maybe they forgot what they say:))

12. Vidas

Vidas Member

Would be added new units to existing nations or developers plans changed?

From the second stream with developers:

7. Question about Scotland - you`ve promised that all nations would be free to the buyers of basic game, why this one is released as luxury mini-expansion?
    We've promised to provide access to all 20 nations from Cossacks 1, deluxe players are able to play new nations earlier than basic version players. Scotland is absolutely new nation to Cossacks series, therefore it`s added as mini-expansion. We're also planning to add new unit-packs to existing nations. Adding such a unique nation is much harder task, since we have to invent, test and balance new units and their interactions. More nations like this could be added in future, as they're expanding game experience, in comparison with other european nations.

http://www.cossacks3.com/forum/inde...n-of-the-second-stream-with-developers.29577/

From the second stream for existing nations was added only Sipahi and Coselete. Hungary, Portugal, Piedmont and Switzerland - new nations.

http://www.cossacks3.com/forum/index.php?threads/cossacks-3-path-to-grandeur-release.29621/

Most of all need shooting unit for Algeria and at least one unical unit need for Venetia. I think don't need involve country to the game if country don't have at least one unical unit.

Need another stream with developers about their plans for cossacks 3 and another games.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  13. Francesco_Cavalli

I don’t think units are important, rather thry are an easy way for developers to look like they are adding replayability to the game, when the real problem is the gameplay itself. The game would be better even if each nation built the same generic pikeman and musketeers, provided they used proper formations, morale/terrain was a factor

14. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

Francesco-

I understand your point but minor differences add long term upgrade choices (and certainly formations, etc. help make a more interesting game).

15. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

It's interesting to note, in vanilla C3 generic pikemen and musketeers for different nations have different upgrade costs at different levels. This is clearly a design feature to create strength differences on the way through the upgrades and thus generate imbalances at certain points between nations. It's a long discussion about whether this is a good design idea for game-play and game results. I won't go into that here. Ideally, national units should look different, in my opinion. Among other things, it's a cue to the fact that they will perform differently.

16. magecoerlin

magecoerlin New Member

A year from release, and they've been silent as to the release of a Mac port.

Say what you will about Mac users and gaming on Apple computers, but people paid for this game with the understanding that they could play it on their native machines. And it's sleazy that GSC has been so quiet about that, as has most everyone who doesn't own a mac.

Loner, Daddio, Burak Damgacı and 2 others like this.
  17. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

I would love another game style. New patches/nations do NOT change the gamestyle. Ok they look somewhat different and have maybe +1 attack but the gamestyle is so similar. I would like to have the AQ or Imperia game style. Ther arent many mods so far most likely due to constant new patches.

However I consider AQ still one of the worst RTS games I have ever played. I could like the game but due to many problems I cant enjoy it.
    -terrible balance
    -too much micromanegment (stop auto production so that buildings can fire)
    -disable musket fire and fire when enemys are close but not too close
    -auto attack doesnt work sometime and the shooter go melee
    -buildings can burn down without noticing and they are way more expensive than in cossacks.

Without these problems I would love to see AQ2 or a mod silimar to it.

18. Francesco_Cavalli

AQ was, in my opinion, fine once I worked out how to prevent friendly fire from buildings (well and aside from the awful ai). Devs should play the Napoleonic mod for AC to see just how an interesting game functions - that ironed out most of AQ’s flaws

19. Kamilow

Kamilow Well-Known Member

Cossacks 3 devs should look to this mod for Medieval 2 (The Deluge). Great work by modders , everything ( esspecialy units) looks fantastic .Ofcourse this is diffrent strategy type game but 17. centaury is much better shown than in the Cossacks 3.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Burak Damgacı likes this.
  20. Burak Damgacı

Burak Damgacı Well-Known Member

I liked this mod. Very good mod for Total War. We need Cossack or other unique units like this mod. We can see artillery crew this mod. We can't see all of them in Cossacks 3. Cossacks 3 artillery like ghost. Invisible crews moving this gun,preparing fire and firing. I don't understand how they made)) Turkey also needs 18th equivalent value musketeer or dragoon units. Algeria and Turkey also need Camel raider unit like Back to war. Some nations need good units for example Venice. 18th century ships, Venice and some nations campaigns. Need some re-skins for England and other nations. Developers have lots of things to do.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Kamilow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice