Do you want ship crews?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by [KGR]-^K[o]K^-, Aug 11, 2015.

?

Do you want ship crews?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    88.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. I do not know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

what do you think about a ship crews? Just imagine a boat with crews or is it a ghost ship?

[​IMG]

2. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Ship crews would be very well come.
    I got them on my wish list, however there is only a little hope that devs include working ship crews.
    That's why I already proposed include sailors, marines and ships commanders which could represent ships crews.
    They could boarded ship before ship will sailling at sea. They can do it even as soldiers do in ferry ships case in C1.

This is much beter than fully ghost manned ships.

3. condor_fly

condor_fly Administrator Staff Member

Yes, but what for they needed?
    1. Ship crews would be very well come only when there will be boarding fights in the game.
    2. Alsou, ships must have losses in cannons and crews after take damage in battle, what make its fire not so effective.
    3. Ships must have stronger boards and weaker stern.
    4. Ships must have meele power by its crew in boarding fights, cannon balls, grape shot and chain shot to destroy anemy's rigging and crew before boarding.

With another conditions I don't see any reason to improve ships crews

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  4. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

I am for it, essentially if it give later the possibility to make boarding come true.
    (for some reasons, I'm so accustomed to ship without crew it doesn't bother me anymore)

5. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

You are right. Ship crews require more changes in the game.

However I can imagine ship crews even without boarding actions which were not so common ceses as that period.
    Main battle tactics were ships formed in two battle lines and bombarding each other or individual fire combats.
    Boarding action were sometimes final actions which were not so often met, except pirates attacks.

Nevertheless all vessels needed crews for sailing at see. Warships could transport small marines squads needed for raids or limited expeditions here and there. Sailors, marines and ship commanders on ship board could represent ship power strenght or capacity in sea actions.

Crews melee power and boarding actions are not so necessary.
    Ships stronger hulls or boards and weaker sterns these are little bit different things than ship crews.
    Neverhteless it would be fine include all these things in the game too.

6. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

Depend really which kind of ship you use and where, boarding is a standard for galley in the mediterranean. But yes it's more unusual for a ship of line to board another one.

7. fly

fly Active Member

Although it is not an absolute necessity, ship crews would certainly be a nice feature.

8. Masher

Masher Active Member

Yes i would love to see ship crews in Cossacks 3, although i highly doubt it sadly.

9. Hooysse

Hooysse Active Member

It all depends on the scale of the ships, if they go for the AC size style, i think there is enough space for some crew models, they could just be scripted i dont mind, as long as its well done. Otherwise if the ships have smaller models like in Cossacks 1 then i highly doubt will see crews, and even if modders manage to squeeze them, they look just tiny and ridiculous compared to land units XD

10. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Scale of ships is not a problem. Even small scale ships or similar to C1 scale could include ships crews.
    These crews coulod be invisible, but ships can take on board some sailors and marines as like ferries can do in C1 game.
    These way ships in C3 game will include crews which could represent ships strenght, size and power. During naval battles ships crews could suffer losses, could show wich ship is stronger and could capture other ship in boarding actions. Warships also could execute small landing actions.

These add more posibilities for naval combats in the game. Therefore it would be fine include ships crews.

11. Hooysse

Hooysse Active Member

Aaaah for the love of logic, this is a Cossacks 1 remake not Cossacks 3 totalwar simulator. We all know deep inside that a crew system along with all the engineers/tranches system and all those gameplay fantasies will never make it on vanilla game. But we can hope for a miracle that they'll give us cannons crews, OC modders could do it so thats a piece of cake for the devs, and if they manage to do it then static ship crews would be more than enough, that would help with the immersion and get rid of the illusion of ghost ships.

12. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

If will be there at least only and just steersman/ helmsman, I will be happy :)

13. Privateer

Privateer Active Member

I'd love to see ship crews, however I can live without - it's easier to pretend that there's a crew hiding under the decks of a ship than a crew hiding in ammo caches beside a cannon on the battlefield :D

14. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Who want to see total war simulator in C3 game?

Ships crews, engineers, trenches and other things which players want to see in the game developers could include in vanilla game. It is not hard to board some men on shisps. Ferries already can do it in C1 game, why other ships can not do it in C3 game. They only need to add different loading capacity for all ships. It is easy to do for them.

Engineers, cannons crews already existed in C2 game, why they can not exist in C3 game?
    Sappers could dig trenches as predicted objects around fortresses or other big fortifications.

Other players wishes are easy doable and could be included in vanilla game too.
    Then modders could add more variety of things, but basic things should be included in vanilla game.

Is is so hard add these features?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Loner likes this.
  15. Field Marshall

Field Marshall Active Member

Don't understimate modders. Many times devs are surpised by the things that modders do, sometimes modders do what devs would consider really hard work(not worth it). Remember that many times other game devs are the modders of a game because they enjoy playing it and they have the skills.

Regardless, it would still be nice to have ship crews even if only for decoration. The question for the devs is will it take too much computer power to render those crews? How can they make lightweight crews.

16. Snuffy

Snuffy Active Member

ONLY if the ships are big enough to justify a crew.

17. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Small ferries in C1 game already can take on board many soldiers.
    Small boat in AC game alread has few men crew.

Why ships in C3 game can not include crews for small ships?

Developers eventually could add ships crews scaled to small ships crews.
    Gunners usually are invisible, marines also could be invisible and few small sailors could stay on ship's upper board.
    These would be nice decoration, but ships crews inside ship could represent ship's power and abilities in naval actions.

Ships can be demaged or lost some crew men. These events will force to withdraw ship from action or surrender ship.
    Later ships could be repaired, manned and supplied. Then ship can sail at sea again. These things add more innovations and new aspects for naval actions in the game.

This way naval warfare in the game would be more interesting.

18. DrowLegend

DrowLegend Member

The more crews -
    faster ship
    faster reloading
    faster hunting fish
    what do you think ?

19. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Crews are wellcome to.

Faster ships are not necessary. Sailing and rowing ships were not so fast. Ships with skilled crew can sailing better, but ships with inexperienced or weakened crews sailing poorly and sometimes can not sailing at all.

Faster reloading absolutely not. Naval guns were slowly reloaded, therefore ships carried so many guns.
    Better allow bigger ships subseqently fire with each gun on few decks from stern to bow. This way strong ship with many guns can deliver more shots little bit longer. This way big ship can deliver shorter time between next shots too.

Faster hunting fish in not necessary. Better allow fishing boats hunt more fish portions. Then less boats can fishing more fishes.

It would be good include boats/ships limits avaiable in one dockyard or port.
    These can eliminate spam of fishnig boats, galleys or frigates known from C1 game.

DrowLegend likes this.
  20. DrowLegend

DrowLegend Member

ex. 5 crews slow reloading
    10 crews normal reloading

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice