Gamewatcher.com interview

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Atem, May 29, 2015.

1. Atem

Atem Administrator Staff Member

Gamewatcher.com published the fresh Cossacks 3 interview that cover all the general aspects of the game.

"Our new engine is so lightweight that we’ve been testing around 20,000 units on a map, on a computer that is around three years old. It performs really well. Right now we’ve settled on around 10,000 units or so, but we’ll probably tweak that number as we develop."

Read the full text>>>

[OC] Penwyn, [RO]Proof, Nick and 6 others like this.
  2. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

[KGR]CATWEAZEL Moderator Staff Member

very good ! It is very important that the game doesn't crash or becomes too laggy to play when there are too many units! In Cossacks 1 it is a big problem.

3. Styo

Styo Active Member

Another great read.

4. Masher

Masher Active Member

I don't need anymore convincing, this is already a day one buy for me. I am hoping we can see some screens of naval ships soon. hint hint ;)

5. irish437

irish437 New Member

I was really excited until heard they are using the Back to War AI. As a mainly single player, that's really too bad. The AI was incapable of making formations and just came at you in a giant blob. I hope they can look into that before release or it will pretty much killer the single player side.

6. Masher

Masher Active Member

It would be good if the a.i could be made to actually use walls too, Cossacks a.i is many,many years old. I think improvements are a given, hopefully we see this in Cossacks 3.

7. irish437

irish437 New Member

I hope so, but in the articles it sounds like its going to be basically a direct port of the BTW AI.

8. Nick

Nick Active Member

Well that's great news but I have to agree also with you guys that I hope there is a better improvement on AI for both Land and Navel battles especially in skirmish etc.

9. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

That must have been an eye-candy for Nowy :

"Sure, as a basis we’re taking the original AI rules from the first games. We’re actually trying to make this game as close as possible to Cossacks: Back to War, which is one of the first games in the series. We think the gameplay in that was nearly perfect, so there’s no need to rebuild from scratch, we just need to take it and make some minor changes to make it even better. It was really well balanced, so our main task is to preserver all the good aspects of that."

"Absolutely, actually if you want to describe Cossacks 3 in short – it’s 80-95% a copy of Cossacks 1. We think that’s a nearly perfect game. We have two purposes; one, to give pleasure to old Cossacks fans, many of whom are still playing the game,"

Sorry, but i couldn't avoid saying that :D

10. Nick

Nick Active Member

Wait, who was you referring to? Because if it was me you know full well I am 100% for original cossacks game style. When I was on about improving AI I meant in terms of like being a bit more tactical like rather then them always attacking maybe have them do more defending and maybe a bit more tidier when base building or a bit more knowledge of there surroundings like sending a bunch of troops up on a high cliff/hill to defend for example. ;)

11. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

In the first place i am referring to the interview, but i couldn't prevent giving Nowy a little gibe, as this is the opposite of what he wants and constantly bashes us for loving Back to war. Sorry for trolling.

Nick likes this.
  12. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

If you try gibe with somebody you gibe with yourself. Then how are you feeling when you gibe with yourself.

This interview cast some false information. That was bad joke when Yeltishev said that C1 was well balanced.
    Minor changes never improve badly ballanced factions and units known from pervious Cossacks games.

He says that gameplay was nearly perfect. That is clear illogic case when he do not notice that game was badly balanced.
    He also was misunderstood in AI case.

Read AI thread in this forum, please.
    GSC team is going to do AI smarter and better. This mean they support my opinion that C1 game had some weaknesses, including not so smart AI.

So, I am still waiting for more information. Trailer and more screenshots would be fine.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  13. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

i was wondering about it ever since i began reading your posts, but now i know for sure, you have no idea what you are talking about. Thanks for pointing that out. You are prattling all the time about things you don't know. You were on a beginner level in Cossacks Back to war from what i have read and you dare yourself to judge about Cossacks as whole and to correct and offend players who spent years into this game and just know better than you. You can make suggestions about Cossacks 3, no problem, but don't talk about things in previous Cossacks versions you have no clue of.

You even try to correct the creator in his own game xD
    For a beginner many things seem unreal,unbalanced or unexplained in Cossacks. That's something i can understand

[KGR]Mustang likes this.
  14. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

Nowy, what is wrong with you?
    Since several days I am reading your posts. It is unbelievable what you are writing all the time. It seems like you are thinking that you are some kind of a god knowing everything better. Now you say the developers give us wrong information? You can't be serious. Normaly I would not critizize people here in this forum because I know everyone has his own opinions about things.
    But what you are writing here alle the time really goes on my nerves and on the nerves of everyone I have talked about this forum so far.
    Please accept the facts that are given here. We all can talk about different details but do not always behave like a god who thinks that he is better than all the others.

And please don't feel offended now. This had to be said now.

And to the topic:

Nice interview. I really like that it seems to go in the right direction :)

[RO]Proof and [KGR]CATWEAZEL like this.
  15. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Eh, KGR boys in action agian.
    Do you play together becouse you like mass killings?
    Heave you ever played such super power nations as Algeria, Denmark, Ukraine and other stupidly balanced super powers in C1 game? Have you ever notied how badly were balanced C1 units? I suppose you can not undestand the issue.

I never offend cultural players, did not offend devlopers and did not correct creators.
    Only cast my opinion in the matters which I know well.

If you dislike my posts do not read them.

Read what Staff Administrator Cossack said in AI thread.

Maybe now you can understand that I was right.
    GSC team is going to make AI smarter and better.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  16. Field Marshall

Field Marshall Active Member

I read a lot about the engine being lightweight and being able to run the game on old computers. However, I am wondering what do you have for people who have more modern powerful computers that can handle high level graphics. Maybe some ultra settings? Some highly detail textures? Or will this end up like skyrim where they had to do a release of improved higher quality textures later on for the systems that could handle it.

[KGR]CATWEAZEL likes this.
  17. ZooM | Eric

ZooM | Eric Member

Yes, that goes to the developers. if you have the chance to push up the graphic, then do it. The new graphics cards are beasts that handle just about anything you submit them.
    everyone else can scale down the graphics in the options.

18. [RO]Proof

[RO]Proof Active Member

Why no any trailer release yet? A trailer whit few cinematics and few seconds of gameplay is good for marketing before launch game

19. Masher

Masher Active Member

They might be saving that for when the game becomes available for pre-order.

20. Field Marshall

Field Marshall Active Member

Not sure why they have produced barely any visuals when they are a few months away from release. Maybe they are going for the launch surprise method and they are really focused on the support and content that they will release after the game launches. I believe that launch date of the game for them is not as relevant because they will continue development after launch, but that's just my wild guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice