Is there a Guide for Tooltips?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ftoomsh, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

I think I need to use the language editor which Wralth told me to do ages ago. Which one is best the official or the unofficial? Any hints on how to use it (either one)? Official one seems to work.

I have tried the unofficial one and it does not save any changes. It says it does and changes the date/time stamp on the file but it does not save the changes.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. Wralth

Wralth Active Member

editorlang is the good one

3. Ftoomsh

Yes, I agree editorlang, the official tool, is the good one. It works.

4. Npeter87

Npeter87 Moderator Staff Member

I use the official language editor, so i recommend it! :D

5. Ftoomsh

Has anyone edited a mod in all languages? Would a Google translation be good enough?

6. Wralth

Wralth Active Member

I havent bothered with that because my mod is too chaotic with all the new units and that.

Plus each tooltip describes what unit type bonuses you have so technically id have to change them ALL.

7. Ebel

Ebel Moderator Staff Member

Google translation can be very awkward at times. I would strongly suggest you ask people who speak the language(s) (on forums here or so) to double check the additions/changes/translations. Do ask if you get stuck finding people.
    Also, be weary of the cyrillic. You'll have to open/save in a different encoding ( Windows 1251) or it's gonna be nonsense text.

8. Ftoomsh

Thanks folks, I am sticking to just editing the English file for now. When the new (still experimental) mod gets much closer to being finished then I can worry about other languages. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice