Known problems and solutions!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Atem, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Atem

Atem Administrator Staff Member

90 percent of known random crashes and dropdown FPS solved with following solutions:

1. Upgrade to the latest version of the game.

2. Our local detective found out that software named "plays.tv", which is automatically installed with "AMD Gaming Evolved", causes the game to have poor performance (2-10 times lower than should be),
    and to crash randomly (usually after 2-30 minutes of uptime).
    We have reports that this fix will solve before mentioned issues some players had on their PCs .
    If you encounter such problem, please follow these steps:
    1. Check if you have plays.tv installed on your PC. It is usually can be found in a system tray.
    You can also find it in your Task Manager\Process by the names:
    plays_ep64.exe
    playstv.exe
    2. Close this application.
    3. Check if processes are also closed and terminate them manually if necessary. In most cases closing them through system tray should be enough.
    4. Launch the game.
    5. Please report your results to help other players. Does the random crashing stops? Does your performance has a significant boost?
    This issues exists both on AMD and NVidia video cards.
    This software is used to record and stream your gameplay. Perhaps there are other similar software products which may lead to the same issues.
    If you find such software, please let us know.

Similar problems were found with the following programs:

- Xsplit Gamecaster
    - Raptr
    - AMD Gaming Evolved

3. The problems with poor performance on laptops:
    - Manually set a video card the game should choose

4. Add the application to the Windows DEP exception.
    Most of the errors related to the departures (Access violation error, which could happen in the span of a few minutes to several hours) mostly provoked settings Windows DEP. Active DEP could also be the cause of poor performance.
    On newer versions of Windows Microsoft prohibits applications add themselves to the DEP exception list.
    This can be avoided by running the game "as an administrator", it will give the game the ability to add themselves to the list of DEP exceptions.
    To do this, go to the folder with the game, which is usually located at the following address:
    C: \ Program Files \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Cossacks 3 \
    Right-click on cossacks.exe and select "Run as administrator". It only takes one time to solve the problem.
    Alternatively, you can manually disable DEP, or add the game to the list of exceptions:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-data-execution-prevention

5.Remove or vice versa enable the vertical sync
    Details — how to do it. Right-click on an empty space on the desktop, and then select the Properties button from the context menu. In the Display Properties, go to the Settings tab window that appears. Next, click on the Advanced button on the tab. In the window that appears, navigate to the tab with the name of your video card (NVIDIA, ATI and other graphics). Typically, this tab is somehow highlighted or colorfully decorated. Then your graphics card settings window (on your graphics card's control panel) - you will be depending on your graphics card name (NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon) go in 3D-graphics setup or just the graphics settings or parameters 3D-applications. Then, after the transition to the 3D-graphics setting in the options list, you need to find the corresponding synchronization point (depending on the video card’s control panel interface): it can be either Vertical Sync or Vertical synchronization, or simply V-Sync. Then at this settings point you will need to disable or enable vertical sync. Change the value from ON to OFF or vice versa, or from the 3D application control from Enable to Disable (depending on the interface settings).

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    [KGR]-^K[o]K^- likes this.
  2. Megarian

Megarian New Member

Yesterday i bought a new PC . Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 , Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz , 8,0GB RAM , Radeon RX 470 Graphics . The game runs very smoothly , with no problems.....except that after 5-10 minutes , PC crashes and restarts by itself.It happens all the time and only with Cossacks 3.

3. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

It is good that these issues are being found and corrected. However, there is a a very basic unit queue bug that affects the game. I particularly notice it with Turkey, Algeria and Russia but it can happen to other nations too. Units queue from Barracks well until you start to make officers and drummers. Then the officers and drummers can get stuck and won't produce. When you cancel them, the soldiers often won't start producing gain either. Then the bug can extend to Town Centres and they won't make peasants. It's game over then; no more units, no more officers and drummers, no more peasants. This is very basic. Can we please have this bug fixed soon?

4. [hwk]ladylauren

[hwk]ladylauren New Member

Hi there, my pc did that with other games. Has your pc been overclocked? If so underclock it as I have done with my msi afterburner. Also put vsync on it could be your graphics card is pulling too much and your monitor can't keep up so your driver crashes.

Yours

Lady Lauren

5. Megarian

Megarian New Member

Thank you very much.It was the vsync on.Problem solved.

6. [hwk]ladylauren

7. Atem

Updated!

- Xsplit Gamecaster
    - Raptr
    - AMD Gaming Evolved

8. kaiser_frisia

kaiser_frisia Member

Deleted all of that plus the DEP exception and i still get the access violation error after every game :(

9. Atem

with some ati .dll?

10. Emperor Highlander

Emperor Highlander Highlander Staff Member

Send a screenshot when it happens Kaiser, that way the team will be able to help more.

11. Dalton Hallum

Dalton Hallum New Member

I've deleted my local content for Cossacks about 5 times now and then reinstalled the game 5 times as well. This still hasn't stopped the issue i have when I launch the game and get the access violation issue. As of right now i'm still redownloading the game but i'll post a screenshot when i redownload it. I've tried the Dep exception thing but it still hasn't worked. I've also gone and added the game to the dep exception list but this still hasn't fixed the solution.

12. kaiser_frisia

kaiser_frisia Member

Here a screenshot. Yeah it is with some atioglxx.dll

Attached Files:

13. Is Cossacks 3 the only game that does this? Have you tried system restore?

14. Emperor Highlander

Hi there, those with the atioglxx.dll error, I looked up on google it isn't a Cossacks 3 error, it seems to be an error with the graphics card, could you find the atioglxx.dll file and tell me the version of it? Also looking on other forums it suggests finding an older version of it and downloading it and overwriting it.

15. Dalton Hallum

Dalton Hallum New Member

I was able to play Cossacks 3 for 7 hours without crashes before my game wouldn't even launch. What doe that mean?

16. Emperor Highlander

Your game wouldn't launch? What you'll find is that the developers will have patched the game allowing your system or the missing files of your game to play.

17. Dalton Hallum

Dalton Hallum New Member

If only that was true :0 the patch didnt help my issues and im still unable to launch the game. Access violations continue to give me problems

18. [hwk]ladylauren

Hi Dalton, what I'd like you to do is; uninstall the game,delete any traces of the game. Reinstall the game and run as administrator. If this doesn't work then send me a screenshot along with your computer specs and let me know if you've updated your graphic drivers.

Thanks
    Lady Lauren

19. Dalton Hallum

Dalton Hallum New Member

This is what happens upon launch of the game. My Specs: Windows 10, 16gb of ram, 64bit operating system, Amd A10-6700 apu with Radeon graphics, i have updated my graphics driver.

Attached Files:

20. Atem

Please check your sound card. We've met this error during the tests on a PC where sound card was improperly installed. Also check headphones, plug out and plug in (could happen on win\10)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice