Listing limits in the dmscript.global file.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by A. Soldier, Sep 24, 2016.

1. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Hello, by examining the file in the title I've so far discovered the following:

Located in: \Steam\steamapps\common\Cossacks 3\data\scripts

It's the most basic of modding of limits in ths game, I believe it lists MOST of the limits in the game, if not all of them.

For example, as I've stated in my other topic about the making of custom formations, for example this file limits the amount of men in a single line in a formation, how many workers can work on a building at the same time (set to 30 by default), maximum amount of units that can be present on the field at any given time (set to 10,000 by default) and maximum build orders (set to 6 by default) mostly causing frustration with peasants and making houses since you usually queue more than 6, the peasants build 6 and then forget about the rest of their building orders.

Most of these maxium limits can be found by searching for "max" in the said file.

Since they are too many to list here I will only give a few examples of the code so you get a basic understand of the limits.

gc_MaxObjCount = - dictates how many units can be fielded by all of the present players and AI on the battlefield at any given time, by default this is set to 10,000, you can change it to whatever you like, I tried 99999 and it's working for now, I haven't tried just adding another zero (0) behind 10 000 to make it 100 000, yet.

gc_obj_MaxOrderCount = - The above mentioned build order limit, set to 6 by default.

gc_obj_maxinsidecount = - The maximum amount of units that can enter a transport (or building?), this is achievable in game by upgrading each transport separately, set by default to 280, I haven't experimented yet with a bigger limit, yet.

gc_MaxArtilleryType = - Limits the amount of available artillery options I suppose, set to 4 by default, I haven't experimented with this either just yet, probably will once we figure out how to add new units to the game.

gc_MaxMapWidth = 320;
    gc_MaxMapHeight = 320; - These options seem to limit the size of the map, I tried changing just these and it resulted in either the crashing of my campaign or very heavy sluttering of my custom skirmish game, so for now at least stay away from these 2 if you're unsure of what you're doing.

gc_MaxWallVariationCount =
    gc_MaxWallBuilderPointsCount = - These 2 seem to limit the amount of walls that be ordered for a peasant to build, I've made these 100 each, I also believe these might have been caused crashes for people that ordered long lines of walls. Up for debate on weather or not that's true, I'm just noting it down.

This is it for now, I would continue but it would probably take me the entire day to list everything, again, just search for "max" and you should stumble on MOST of the limits written in the file.

Cheers.

2. MurcDusen

MurcDusen New Member

To add to that, MaxObjCount counts buildings as well, not just units. Also, setting it to 100,000 seems to be fine, it's what I did, though I never reached that many objects in-game.

3. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Yes, thanks for adding that. And yes I agree it's pretty hard to reach our limits haha, you would need a couple of hours of peace time for that probably and it would lag horribly.

4. Samuel

Samuel New Member

Is this still working ?

5. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

They're the same stats, the way you change it has changed, not any of the functions listed here.

6. Wralth

Wralth Active Member

gc_gameplay_infinitehp defines how big the health of a unit can be before it isnt displayed in the unit selection window anymore.

7. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Uhm, ok, thanks for the info.

8. Wralth

Wralth Active Member

Its a bit specific i guess, but you need it if you want to increase wall HP beyond 65k, for example. Otherwise the health bar only shows up when it dips below the limit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice