Looking for Native Speakers!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ferox, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Ferox

Ferox Administrator Staff Member

Dear friends!

As you are certainly well-aware, our game supports close to a dozen of languages, that span all over the world. While we fully trust our translators, native speakers are always more informed about the nuances of their language, its specifics.

As campaigns and missions in our games are based on real historical events, we strive to provide our players with the most immersive and authentic experience possible. A huge part of it is built with help of in-game dialogues and texts. To be sure, that our game is in its best form in every language, we need assistance from native speakers. We need help from you!

We look for people fluent in German, French, Polish, Italian, Czech, Portuguese, Turkish or Spanish, that may aid us in making the game and upcoming DLCs/expansions better. We'll be eternally grateful for any assistance and such gratitude will transfer into pleasant bonuses and surprises for sure :)

Thank you and have a nice day!

[​IMG]

Foeurdr likes this.
  2. colonelburton

colonelburton Active Member

I already work to translate and correct the texts in the French version, it's always ok for me, with pleasure :)

ZooM | Eric, ney and Foeurdr like this.
  3. Jeremiah S

Jeremiah S New Member

I'd love to help you with Czech translation. I'm Czech studying English and (for now) amateur translator, so I'd be delighted to help. ;)

PS: I got to Cossacks 3 quite recently, so I'm new here. Hope that's not an issue.

4. Npeter87

Npeter87 Moderator Staff Member

Hungarian translation is already in progress.

5. Simon

Simon New Member

I'm a native speaker of Polish, 26 years old. I hold a master's degree.

I would be greatly honored to help you in translating new texts and checking already existing ones from English to Polish.

I'm a great fan of Cossacks since 2001, but I've just discovered this forum a few days ago :)

Aduhi and [PR]Ernest like this.
  6. endof

endof New Member

I'm also a native speaker of Polish, but a bit younger (19 years old) than Simon.
    I've been living in Poland since I was born, so I can help you with translation. ;)

7. Hi guys!
    I am a Spaniard native, so Spanish is my mother-language. I am 27 years old and I am engineer. I would like to help with Spanish translation, because there are about 500 million of Spanish speakers over the world, and C3 has a lot to improve in this sense.
    The historic introductions to campaigns are translated in a wrong way: there are terms in English, terms in Spanish, other expressions in an unknown language... In addition, some titles, people names and the name of several factions is not well translated to Spanish.

I offer my help to translate texts from English to Spanish, and also to give my voice in Spanish for dialogues or whatever. In conclusion, I would be really happy to help GSC Team in order to achieve a wonderful Spanish version of the game ;)

8. Lieutenant-Général

Lieutenant-Général Active Member

You could open a "bug" topic in this forum, dedied for stranges / inappropriate translations?

Foeurdr likes this.
  9. I don't know if a new topic in the forum would be the appropiate way to improve the translations, but I consider almost all the historic introductions to the campaigns should be reviewed. Anyway, by rote is possible to give samples of terms and innapropiated expressions I remember:

Currently as it appear in C3 --> Right term in Spanish

Danmörk --> Dinamarca
    Países Sajones --> Sajonia
    Algeria --> Argelia (or historically more correct, Berbería)
    Prussia --> Prusia
    Gran riesgos y gran logros --> Grandes riesgos y grandes logros
    Sigismund --> Segismundo
    Hetman --> Atamán

There are a lot of terms and phrases which should be corrected. Now I am out of my house and I have not access to the game, but I can extend the list later.

10. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

A sub forum for tranlastion would be a good idea I think, even if we are several to help from time to time correcting the tranlastion, we can miss something, misspell it and so on.
    A sub forum with a thread for each language with one referent (probably those that help already) where all user could submit what they think is wrong and what would be better in their opinion.

Spanish Empire likes this.
  11. Dżingobell

Dżingobell New Member

Post it here: http://www.cossacks3.com/forum/index.php?threads/translation-bugs.29557/

Spanish Empire likes this.
  12. Thank you Dzingobell :)

Dżingobell likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice