[Mod][MM] Armed Officers!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by StriKe jk, Oct 3, 2016.

1. StriKe jk

StriKe jk Member

Hello Cossacks3 Fans!

My name is StriKe and I found this rather annoying gameplay issue with officers. Officers as we all know are melee only which means that they charge ahead into the battle, even if they are in a formation. This leads to the problem that they frequently die, especially if they are combined with a long-range units like musketeers.

My mod circumvents this problem by providing officers with muskets. I know the animations isn't really supporting this (they shoot with their stick), but it is better than nothing. If you want to help me out with correct animations feel free to do so. :D The muskets are an addition to their normal melee attack so if the enemy gets to close they will use their melee weapon.

This mod supports the Mod Manager, visible by the tag [MM]. You can get it here.
    Credits for the Mod Manager to Lieutenant-Général.

Warranty:
    Feel free to use this mod as you like, however if you include this in another project I would appreciate some credit. ;)
    Use it at your own risk! I haven't tried it in multiplayer and I do not know if it is allowed. If you get banned, or your computer explodes - you have been warned.

-StriKe

How to Install:
    Download the latest file from this link.
    Code:
    armed officers.json
    Copy the file to:
    Code:
    Cossacks 3/mod
    Install the file via Mod Manager

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  2. Lieutenant-Général

Lieutenant-Général Active Member

Very nice!
    I'm sorry, i changed mod format just after your release... but you have just to add an "author" field.

3. StriKe jk

StriKe jk Member

It's fine, I mostly did this mod to test out large chunk of data changes, multiple file changes & other tricky stuff :)

Edit: And thanks to this change I could test what happens if you copy over an existing file name. Works like a charm :cool:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Lieutenant-Général likes this.
  4. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Huh, so is it possible to add saber/sword attack animations to units which models seem to carry them?

For example the pikemen, musketeers.

Dragoons also carry sabers but can't use them.

5. StriKe jk

StriKe jk Member

No, I just used the melee attack animation for the musket shot. It looks quite weird but better than nothing :rolleyes:

6. Alatristé

Alatristé Member

Hi strike, first of all congratulations on your work. Your mod as automatic firing cannons, just mandatory ^^, thank you. For animations, I know nothing, but on "Empire total war" mods have done was like animation of shooting GUN for officers. good luck and thank you

7. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Agreed, I was just wondering, that's all.

8. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

nice, I want to do something as well.
    However my problem with officers is that they are way to offensive in melee battle, I have no problem if the kill most other units with one strike but Officer vs. Officer should take somewhat longer.

I still havent managed to find damage calculation scripts, I really hope that I can change that somehow.
    for example:
    -they only have 10 melee protection but before that all pike/sword damage is reduced by 50%
    -officiers deal 66% less damage against other officers,

any idea how to do that?

9. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Have you tried unit.script?

10. Lieutenant-Général

It is possible to set officer reload time very long and set fire animation to "iddle"? Whith this officers just wait behind formations, no?

11. StriKe jk

StriKe jk Member

Sounds unnecessary complicated, just disable their attack (like drummers) and you are done. But then you would lose an attacker, this is why gave them additional rifles instead.

12. Npeter87

Npeter87 Moderator Staff Member

13. Lieutenant-Général

Note that this mod modify "unit.script", so it will overwrite or be overwrite by all other mod modifying "unit.script" too.
    And "unit.script" it is a file modify by a lot of mod, so i don't think official mod manager are appropriate in this case.

14. Npeter87

Yeah, many-many mods use the "unit.script" file, but we can set the priority of the mods in the official Mod Manager. There is no pyhsical file overwriting with the official Mod Manager, the game just load the files firstly from "mods" folder.

I made this updated version, because it is easier to use.

15. Lieutenant-Général

And the first mod overwrite all files common with other mod... Mod Manager gave by GSC are good for graphics/sound mods but not for scripts modifications.

16. StriKe jk

StriKe jk Member

Yeah the original mod manager is kinda lackluster in that regard. It needs a "combine" feature if you have multiple files who edit the same file.

17. Npeter87

Can your mod manager handle multi-use? (Example: 5 mods can use "unit.script" file at the same time?).

18. Lieutenant-Général

If each mod modify different lines, yes.

19. Npeter87

Sorry, i didn't know it. That's great! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice