Napoleon mod

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by condor_fly, Jul 13, 2015.

?

Do you want to see in C3 Napoleon mod?

1. yes, as like as in C2

2. yes, as like as C2, but with economy system from C1-C3

3. yes, as like as C1-C3, but change only the unit uniforms and without 17-18 centuries upgrade

4. no, it’s not interesting to me

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. condor_fly

condor_fly Administrator Staff Member

The thought, that the soldier’s uniforms of a period of the Napoleon wars is finest uniform in a war history, are obvious.
    That’s why a beauty of a “Napoleon wars mod” will make fans mad about it.
    Do you want to see in C3 Napoleon mod, if yes, then:
    1. “Napoleon wars mod” will be as like as C2?
    2. “Napoleon wars mod” will be as like as C2, but with economy system from C1-C3?
    3. “Napoleon wars mod” will be as like as C1-C3, but change only the unit uniforms and without 17-18 centuries upgrade?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please comment your vote
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  2. The_Hussar

The_Hussar Member

I think it's too early to say - we haven't tried C3 yet but I think C2 is better adapted for this period at least for the military aspect. Personally, I don't wish to guide every single peasant or just to check my 6-7 mines every 10 minutes. So I voted for the first option although I don't really see how this will happen. May be the engine is completely different? We don't know yet.

Are these screenshots from a mod for TW?

Nowy likes this.
  3. condor_fly

yes, it is my mod for NTW

4. Loner

Loner Active Member

I voted for option 3, I loved playing the Napoleonic Mod for ACFB, but also liked BFE idea of Cossacks 2.

5. condor_fly

do you mean the Bonapart mod for American Conquest? yes, greate mod they had not only changed uniforms but entered in game: supply system for troops, new AI, general's skills

6. Masher

Masher Active Member

I always like to see mods for games i love, i would certainly try it out if one was made. Although i think i am going to stick with the Cossacks 3 default game-play mainly. :)

7. Field Marshall

Field Marshall Active Member

I would like to see the game models modded into the game with the nice suits, but I am not interested in a Napoleonic mod for it has been used way too much. There was one in Age of Empires 3, there was a game for it, there was a AC mod, there were plenty of mods in total war, and many others. In my opinion very overused, like the clothing, but not interested in actual Napoleonic gameplay.

The uniforms are nice you can contact me if you want and I will gladly help work on any mods.

8. condor_fly

I uderstand your skepticism, but ANY of that games not work correctly for Napoleonic wars
    The main grain of that wars was the wars of formations: the Grate French Revolution brings a tactic of assault columns, witch beats line tactics of other countries and is beated by skirmish line chain and platoons line fire...
    NO, napoleonica have not say the last word yet
    [​IMG]

Erbay Kölüksüz likes this.
  9. Field Marshall

Well if you can impress me and you are seriously set to have this made it might just work out better than i expect. However, until i play something that feels ENTERTAINING I will not get my hopes up. I love strategy, but strategy that entertains me is one of very high level, not dull movement of formations, like stuff that makes you think and is worth thinking about. Not busy work but smart work.

I would even offer my help. I have experience modding even if its little. All aspects except sound.

condor_fly likes this.
  10. condor_fly

after all mods about "war in lace" THERE WILL BE NAPOLEON MOD

11. Field Marshall

Well you know many people like to see gameplay mods that recreate special settings and events or remind them of old series. However, I am more of the type that likes game changing mods like having superpower units in the game or making a unit that if you kill it you lose the game or creating a very expensive units that is very overpowered. Even creating interesting nations like one where you make no soldiers and all your soldiers are your peasants. I am more interested in simple but game changing mods like that.

12. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

Napoleon in my favorite time period. It is difficult to get a game to work well with formations. C2 did a great job, but needed easier control of troops, large battles had too much micro managing to be enjoyable. If you could crack that nut it would be ground breaking.

Daddio

13. Field Marshall

Exactly what I was saying. That is what is truly hard. To make control of troops effective and easy making the game more strategy based than skill based.

14. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

I would like to see something like Cossacks 2 improved but with Cossacks 1.
    I didn't try the mod for AC, can I still find it ? Maybe that would change my opinion. :)

15. Daddio

We have the Hawks mod for AC over on our site at cossacksworld.

But to truly get the effect of its capabilities you need to go to the hawks site and download some of their battle maps.

They are truly amazing.

16. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Exactly, there is too early to say, therefore I voted for first option too.

Condor_fly attached fine screenshots from NTW mod. However I would like to see something for Cossacks style games.
    RTS games based on Napoleonic Wars would be interesting. That was impressive period of warfare.

17. FredEvil

FredEvil Member

They have done good things with C2, but it is true that I prefer C1.

So I would like to see the economic system of C1-C3 with the improvements that have been made to C2.

18. Ksgrip

Ksgrip New Member

I just think that it would have been far better accepted, had they done something along the lines of HEW instead of this crappy remaster.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2016
  19. Daddio

The current version of the game was never meant to be the final product. From the beginning the Developers have stated that C3 was only the beginning, or base game from which new games were to built on.

The engine has the ability for much more. The first game was going to be a remake of C1 BTW. But where it goes from there was to be determined by the community and the developers vision. They were going to support mods, and even bring in some of the better ones and give outright support to them.

So do not think that this is all there is. The best is yet to come!

Good gaming all,

Daddio

serdiuk38, Commodore and Loner like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice