Need help adding standard bearers to formations.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by A. Soldier, Feb 1, 2019.

1. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Hello, so it's been a while since I last made a topic here but I just came back to modding this game on the request of a friend of mine who is making a "historical" mod for C3.

So in short, using Fimti's work of the standard bearers for each nation I've added them as units and I've also added them as an "officer" unit and requirement in order to make formations in the country.script file.

However I do believe that I also need to add them to the showunitcontrol.inc file located in "\Steam\steamapps\common\Cossacks 3\data\gui\menu.inc" since that's where the officer, drummer and in the case of England, the bagpiper units required to make formations are listed but I'm a bit confused on how to actually modify the file and even if I do if this will it be all that's needed in order to make it work.

I'm just making this topic to see if I can get some help or at least tips on where to look from people with more experience than me on the subject matter, any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

2. Loner

Loner Active Member

This is beyond my comprehension, if no one else can help you could always do what I plan to do, just replace the Drummer model with that of the Flagman.;)

3. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

My main frustration comes from the fact that I can't even get the flag bearer to be buildable at first but that's fixable I suppose.

Then there's the thing where I am following how the drummer is implemented in formations 1:1 and I still can't seem to get it to work or at least could last time I tried it.

But yeah I guess replacing the model is an option, the simplest perhaps. I just wish that we had all of these systems and stuff like Artillery crews and reload animations already implemented since they seem to be very popular with everybody that's not just making historical/realism mods but in general. This is why I keep bringing up American Conquest 2 because in my mind it would be a more "complete" modding platform from which to work from.

Loner likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice