New units: cannon, mortar, coastal defense cannon

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Original-Cossacks-Player, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

So here are some new units, I will be adding an animated crew for each one, but until we get some more information from GSC about adding units to the game they will be as is for now, just need to add player color.

I will also be adding a coastal defense fort.

Cannon:
    [​IMG]

Coastal Defense Cannon:

[​IMG]

Mortar:

[​IMG]

All:

[​IMG]

.avi of cannon: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/WEp2xVKB/file.html

Unikron, yquinox, Zakxaev68 and 6 others like this.
  2. General WVPM

General WVPM Member

3. colonelburton

colonelburton Active Member

Very beautiful, great work ! :)

4. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Beautiful!

However I find one small thing, cannon's wheels looks too weak. They could looks stronger.

Could you add light 3 or 6 pounder cannons and howitzer next time?

yquinox likes this.
  5. Original-Cossacks-Player

Yes they are not the final work, of course lighting and shadow will be better, there will be ammo box included with cannon. The wheels can be changed Nowy :)

Nowy likes this.
  6. Ivenend

Ivenend Member

That is cool!

Did you find out how to add new unit models into the game?

7. Original-Cossacks-Player

Waiting for GSC to release more info on how to do it properly.

8. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

This looks you are talent man.
    Could you prepare some more complex units in the game e.g. horse drawn ammunition wagon or caisson, engineering and supply wagons? GSC already showed some horse drawn wagons, but they did not work sensible in the game.

9. Original-Cossacks-Player

The fort I will make will be strong and powerful and can only be built once in the game (much like the diplomatic center). It will fire cannon and howitzer shot at close range, it will also fire musket shot at close range like the block houses do, it will have a long build time too. I am thinking though if any units should be able to be made at the fort?

Nowy likes this.
  10. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Hmm, it would be good allow build more 2 or 3 forts, these could help defend certain areas from different directions.

I already proposed add to the game more fortifications, even garrisoned.
    Cannon and musket shots from fort, bastion or fortress would be enough. Howitzers were used mainly against buildings or other unmovable targets, therefore they were rarely used in forts.

Sapper squads could allow build and destroy fortifications.

11. Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68 Active Member

Shizz. Exquisite piece of renders those, and full animated crews perhaps. Sorry, I overreacted that I am so anxious about that detail!

So, a Fort? Will be unique building, much like resembling a Wonder in RoN (as in Rise of Nations)? Is that it the idea?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  12. Furious Peasant

Furious Peasant Active Member

Original-Cossacks-Player
    Nice work. But without any Steamworkshop or other mod support from GSC it doesn't make any fun to work on mods.
    I stopped working on mine and I will only continue work if GSC adds Steamworkshop and modsupport.
    It seems like they only care for their little multiplayer community. But not about singleplayer fans and modders.

azo likes this.
  13. General WVPM

General WVPM Member

But they added the mod manager, so they are working on it.

14. colonelburton

colonelburton Active Member

And they said that the workshop will soon be integrated :)

15. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Are you trying to recreate Mod1/OC mod for Back to War by any chance because those look very familiar.

16. Original-Cossacks-Player

Yeh will be a unique building ideal for defending your town.

Zakxaev68 likes this.
  17. Original-Cossacks-Player

I'm of the same thinking, thats why I won't be doing the animated crew until we have more information from GSC, theres no way I am going to waste my time animating an entire crew only to find out they can't be used.

18. Original-Cossacks-Player

Not a remake of Mod1, the only thing that would be similar is the coastal defense cannon, I wasnt really familar with anything else in that mod.

19. A. Soldier

A. Soldier Active Member

Alright then, it just looked similar to Mod 1/OC mod's cannons with crews, that's all. Or Mod 1 added a bunch of new cannons but no crews? I don't know anymore. Please do share when you add crews and how you did it exactly, I'm still awaiting your friend request or link to your Steam profile.

Cheers.

20. Marsal

Marsal New Member

I'd love to have the coastal defence gun in the game! It was in Mod1, it looked the same like this above. Mod1 also added a 17th century cannon with different looks and longer, thinner barrel, but all of the cannons were available in the 17th century. None of them had crews.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice