News and Updates Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Field Marshall, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand them easily except if they speak local dialects or in a thick dialect accent. But then, they might say I have a thick accent. :)

[OC] Penwyn likes this.
  2. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

Of course it is for those of us who are egocentric.

As to English and it being readily understood- Try playing on line using Teamspeak or Ventrillo to communicate and be in a channel with people from the hills of Scotland, Alabama in the US, rural Australians, Liverpool and someone like me from New York completely bereft of auditory discrimination. I lost count of the times a coordinated attack was being planned and I had no idea when I was supposed to do what and where it was to be done.

[OC] Penwyn likes this.
  3. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

Australia is an English speaking country? We have different names for some things, but overall we understand each other just fine.

[OC] Penwyn likes this.
  4. icosferu

icosferu Active Member

yes, but your pronunciation differs. for example diphthongs for "a" or "i". When my knowledge of English was more superficial, I couldn't understand why that man read "a" as "i".

5. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

All part of the rich tapestry of life. :)

If an Australian says "Owyagoinmate? Didjaavagoodwekend?" he means "How are you going, mate? Did you have a good week-end?

[OC] Penwyn likes this.
  6. icosferu

icosferu Active Member

I'm sure this applies to almost every English-speaking person.

7. colonelburton

colonelburton Active Member

OMG !!

I am French and I have trouble understanding English when spoken too quickly and Badly pronounced, so in Australian I would understand nothing :D
    I specify that I have nothing against the Australians, good kiss from France lol :p

[OC] Penwyn likes this.
  8. (OC)Fotheringill

Colonel- "Badly pronounced" is a very subjective term.
    Icosferu- Thank you for the education. I always thought a dipthong was a covering of a woman's front and a very small part of her rear.

[OC] Penwyn likes this.
  9. (OC)Fotheringill

AND Colonel-

Badly pronounced by whom? The comparatively few Oxford educated upper crust folks or the rest of us peons? :)

10. colonelburton

colonelburton Active Member

I think there is no good or bad pronunciation. Each region has its own dialect, expression and accent. This is what I call the cultural wealth :)
    Sorry if I sometimes use inappropriate or incorrect terms, I usually try to use simple words but sometimes some expressions are bad translated from French to English or from English to French, it is not Always easy when using a language other than his native language. :D

Now I think it would be good to take back the thread, we have moved away from the original subject ^^.

11. (OC)Fotheringill

Colonel-

Diversion from the main thread is sometimes a good thing. I had nine years of French in school. I can read it but don't understand when it is spoken to me.
    BUT, if only Australians were able to be understood.

[OC] Penwyn likes this.
  12. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

Its just a dialect, like in Texas, Scotland and so on. I`d bet anyone who lived in London they`d have a very hard time understanding anything in Glamorgan area, S.Wales and yes, they speak English. Watch some of Sir Alex Ferguson`s interviews during his short footballer career and test your English :D

13. Kamilow

Kamilow Well-Known Member

Very good to hear about new upcoming Dlc for Cossacks 3 , new factions , units and winter maps!

Also great to see in game will be : Morale Sytem and new tactical options in the battlefied , new options and good balance in economy for all main factions.
    New units - Deli Horsmen, Bashibozuk , Nizam Infantry and Nizam Cavalry for Turkey , Ironsides for England , Cazadores for Spain , Kalmuks Cavalry , Cossack Servants
    for Russia , Cossack Pikemans for Ukraine , Pancerni ( Heavy Cavalry) for Poland.

I do not write about other things like adding Stradioti and Bedouins units or increasing hp for Winged Hussar because i wrote about this many times.

14. Kamilow

I suggest that turkish and algerian Light Infantryman (no mercenary) should have Increased Attack + 3 (6 + 3 = 9). Also polish Light Reiter should have + 3 attack points (8 + 3 = 11).
    Winged Hussars should have 400 hp and they should be able to create formations. Algerian Archers should have a minimum 65 hp.

15. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

I`ve tested different settings for the above. What I settled on was 65hp for light infantry, +2 extra damage and an additional upgrade of +4 attack and +3 defense (also affecting the roundshier) but my pikement have +2 extra attack (last upgrades do +2 and +3). I gave all cavalry higher protection against sword, especially for armoured units and light infantry is somewhat ok against pikemen due to their large numbers, lose against pikemen conclusively when the second are upgraded well and are totally inneffective against cavalry of all types. But their high attack speed and spawn time makes them great to counter muskets, even in 18c games (my musketeers have 14 def in total). Light reiter in my setting has +1 attack, they spawn too quickly for more and when damage type is fixed to sword, they`re not effective against armoured cavalry and armoured pikemen in formation. Winged Hussar in my mod has 300hp (lets not forget Reiters were heavier in armor and horse size) but higher protection against pike attack so they`re the only cavalry that can frontally charge pikemen and somewhat deliver a blow, the Reiters can too but take higher loses. Hussars also use pike vs sword for the reiters so can defeat them unless seriously outnumbered. 400hp and formations would make them pointless as they`d just walk around and kill anything, If I had formations on them, I`d probably slightly reduce their defence they have nowbut leave them at 300hp.

16. Kamilow

For sure we will see 3 more campaigns.

I think that it will be:

Algierian Campaign
    Spain Campaign
    Turkey Campaign (maybe about Cretan War with Venice? New units for both factions hopefully)

Additional nations (over 20)

- Persia
    - Scotland
    - Crimean Khanate
    - Maratha Confederation (India)

Looking forward to the Dlc with 18c ships , possible unit pack for main factions ( for example Spain , Venice!) , big Turkey update wtih desert maps and hopefully morale system.

17. Kamilow

I think England should have more unique units. Scots infantry is not enough especially if it later appears playable Scotland. Then England will not have anything unique. Potential units for England are: Ironsides Cavalry in XVII c. and Riflemans (Light Infantry), Black Watch (Scottish Elite Guard.), Coldstream Guards (Elite Infantry), Royal Horse Guards (Heavy Cavalry) in XVIII c.

Other things:

Austria should also have a Hungarian Hussars and Grenadiers.

Ukraine should have posibility to train melee infantry ( Pikemans or Cossacks with sabres).

Prussia should have J├Ągers as very strong elite infantry.

Last changes in the game and new content in my opinion are very good! But also there is still much to do. Good Luck!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  18. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

And I think that Sweden should have their Elite Musketeers 18c With at least 70 shooting power ~80 bayonet power ;)
    Ukrainian pikes , Spanish Cozadores , Unique Austrian Cuirasiers.
    New Nation : Naples. Since it was very wast region in whole Italy and played many historic roles :)

General WVPM likes this.
  19. (And I think that Sweden should have their Elite Musketeers 18c With at least 70 shooting power ~80 bayonet power)
    I agre.
    I agree, if we are to be historically accurate, Swedes were almost unbeatable in almost 100 years, although the country had only 1.5 million inhabitants, and most of the time was at war with 3-4 nations at the same time, the country hit it???

20. Can any other country do better?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice