Patch Notes 16.01.18 (2.0.2.87.5828)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bodun, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68 Active Member

Bummer.

In the gaming biz there appears to exist this certain perception among development teams; you release it, you done with it, its considered up to market quality standard, final per se. Then if you point a bug, something inaccurate, you get a spectacular "Hi. Look for another game then." answer by a person tagged a developer on Steam forums. I miss the real times fans interacted with developers in forums and most common channels, both giving their love for common cause.

In fact I rarely buy new games because of this, plenty o' major classics to spin around for the next decade, I prefer to stay in the past else I think we fuel the fire and give new and wise developers that want a quick buck a motive to exploit the market. To each their own, yah, yah.

2. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

There are still some very obvious bugs in C3. They are also easy to fix. In the vanilla game walls still do not cost anything to build although they do cost to maintain. Wralth fixed this bug in his mod TA ages ago. I added his fix to OCMOD3. In the vanilla game, muskets shoot through stone walls. This is also easy to fix. Playing with a little bit of code that Cavalli added to his mod, I have fixed this in a test. I am not even a programmer, just a parameter modder. I really wonder why these simple fixes are not done in the vanilla?

Cavalli developed a real physics musket ball from the capabilities in the engine and scripts. It is simple and logical when you see it (though I couldn't have figured it out myself). I have experimented and even the standard SHOTMUSKET weapon can be made to not fire through friendly troops. Don't you get annoyed when you see muskets firing through their own meat-shield troops or even through their own peasants? It looks so wrong. Also, tactics become better with proper musket physics.

Seeing how these things can be done by modders, I wonder why morale, garrisoning and fire by rank is not made by the developers. It would be easy for them. Both arcade and realistic variations of the game could then be chosen by options. These things would have given this game a whole extra dimension. I really don't understand why the developers didn't and still don't see the potential of doing this game properly.

Loner likes this.
  3. БоевойБосяк

БоевойБосяк Active Member

Developers have not been here a very long time. Therefore, nothing will help. It's true that when they were in the active phase, somehow it was still of little use. Now there is no sense at all. This is the end of the project. Judge for yourself: the last half-year - 9 months of communication is only from the fans. This is the end of the story.
    Yes it is. The product of this quality we received for use. Enjoy.

Burak Damgacı likes this.
  4. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

Unfortunately you are right. I looked at some posts in the announcement forum. At the beginning, there were a lot of posts from different admins/developers. Right now basically all new threads in the announcment forum are created by Bodun, but if you look at page 4-6 you see posts from much more. I clicked on their profiles there werent any new posts in recent times.

5. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

On Steam they are still active, at least have been until mid February. There are several threads there on people requiesting refunds, I think they`ll just abandon it, take the money and leave the idiots like us with a non-working product. I was in Lviv last year to explore some business opportunities and I can tell you this is typically Ukrainian.

6. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

The developers are busy making American Conquest 2, it's standard in the gaming industry to have a media blackout when games are being developed (in GSC's case they have literally blacked out all contact with the public). I can 99% guarantee they are developing American Conquest 2 and it explains why they have not released any of the modding tools until American Conquest 2 is finished because once they have finished American Conquest 2 they are completely finished with the game engine and they wouldn't be too concerned with what mods/units are put in the game. In any case whatever they are working on you can be sure that the game is using the Cossacks 3 engine, so reserve 1% for some other game title? With such a small dev crew at GSC you'd expect a 1 - 1.5 year turn around on a game like American Conquest 2 depending on how they divide the programming/art crew.

7. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

And you think that AQ 2 will sell well?
    I do think that the reputation of GSC was reduced by C3 quite a lot (Especially If I would be a Mac user). I would be extremely careful with new games from them.

8. Original-Cossacks-Player

I agree. The onus is on GSC to release a stable bug free game at the very beginning if they want to win customers back.

9. Wralth

Wralth Active Member

I dont remember C1 to be more stable in online multiplayer to be honest. The only reason i liked cossacks back in the day was that it was the only game that was similar but different to AoE2 if that even makes sense.

Either way im glad we got mod support and im more pissed about the community that keeps bitching about the base game rather than trying to help modders who create content faster than GSC because surprisingly enough its not on our todo list to fix a ton of bugs that mightve existed even 10 years ago in C1.

10. Przemek_kondor

Przemek_kondor New Member

@Wralth :
    What's the point of claiming it's better than C1? I guess many (most?) of the players have never played the prequel (esp. many of them aren't older than C1). I have (a bit) but really don't care if it's better or worse than whatever - it should be good on its own.
    The last patch made the MP worse. I assume that they, as professional developers, work with VCS and reverting broken patch isn't rocket science.

I'm pretty sure they're working hard on Mac version, and that there are real reason it's not shipped yet. But it doesn't change the fact that mac owners paid 20€ and got nothing after 1.5 years. That is unacceptable. They should be given their money back.

Btw: It's hard to judge about SP but looking at the MP lobby mods are practically not existent there.

There is no bug free (non trivial) software

ney likes this.
  11. Wralth

Wralth Active Member

My point is even if the bugs were fixed people would just move on to complain about the boring meta where every season clash its just mirror matches because everything else would be an imbalanced matchup because vanilla facilitates blobbing and spamming only the strongest unit of each military building, things that we modders tried to remove and mostly succeeded as well.

12. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

the reason I consider the current games (season clash) boring is because they ended way too fast. I rarely see some 18c barracks units. Without peace time most games ended just with 17c pike and merchs, didnt even see a lot of stable units. Ideas would be to allow log cabins (at least 1 or 2), and some other defensive boni (for example you can build up to 30 stone wall pieces without having maintenance)

Its also not just the bugs, there were a lot of improvements, better balance. However there were a lot of stuff I simply cant forget
    -Mac ( I dont have mac but its a joke, at least give some info like we cancelled it or coming soon)
    -the AI is a nightmare, there are people who like to play against the AI but in random maps impossible means impossible to lose.
    -promised stuff that didnt appear. for example special portugal port was added later then promised.

ney and Burak Damgacı like this.
  13. Warren

Warren Active Member

Easiest solution!

We can take "18 th immadietaly at start" instead "default century" option and in 15pt ranking games you could see all what you want :)

14. Original-Cossacks-Player

Again, we are not talking about trivial bugs here, we are talking about fundamental bugs that affect game play to the point it cannot be played.
    Performance bugs can be fixed a bit more easily if they do release American Conquest 2 because both games will use the same engine, so if they optimize engine performance for one of the games they can much more easily seed it into the other one.

15. Vidas

Vidas Member

Maybe developers are busy making Stalker 2?

https://twitter.com/GSC_GW

So until Stalker 2 they will not create other games and Cossacks 3 DLC?

games like Stalker are many, but there are no good RTS games like Cossacks or American Conquest. (games like Age of empires or Rise of nations are different and not good like Cossacks 3)
    Many RTS games in steam are shit (Empires Apart, Northgard).
    Total War series games are not RTS, I dislike it.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  16. zantonin

zantonin Member

I agree ! Cossacks is one of the few nice RTS to play! Less FPS, more RTS !!
    PS : Empires Apart is damn rotten!

17. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

I hope they have two team in their studio, one for RTS however small it is to continue Cossacks 3 and another one for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. I like both games so I'm quite happy, but RTS are better ! :D

ney likes this.
  18. Original-Cossacks-Player

Theres still a chance that GSC will make American Conquest 2 in the meantime in between the Stalker 2 project, American Conquest 2 isn't a big project to complete as they already have the base game engine with Cossacks 3 and the money they make from American Conquest 2 can fund the development of Stalker 2, Stalker 2 is 3 years away from being completed, its a long time between games, it's hard to secure funding for such a big project.
    Remembering they made the Alexander game in between other projects so it's more than possible.

19. Burak Damgacı

Burak Damgacı Well-Known Member

Can you share the new patch notes? I saw 11 player FFA:)) Please don't forget to fix some Cossacks 3 achievements too.

20. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

11 players FFA ? Woah that's a lot ! :eek:

Burak Damgacı likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice