Patch Notes 24.02.17 (1.4.4.67.4919)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ferox, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Ferox

Ferox Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Dear friends!

Meet the new grand update to Cossacks 3! In this patch we added the missing elements of the ranked mode, fixed some crucial errors and revamped the balance of all gunners, i. e. musketeers and grenadiers. More details below!

Multiplayer:

1. A host's rank is now displayed in the shell's room list.
    2. The ranked score is now displayed alongside their names in lobbies.
    3. Players can now see their position in the ladder, even if they are not in the top 100.
    4. Fixed an issue when a multiple players spawned at the same spot.
    5. Fixed the ""uncontrollable"" units, that ignored orders and didn't receive any damage from enemy attacks.
    6. Fixed an error when the session's season wasn't displayed correctly to all players in the room.
    7. Fixed a bug, that caused huge lags on naval maps and resulted in desynchronizations.
    8. Fixed rank display in the multiplayer mode.
    9. Players are now sorted above the mini-map: players from the same team are displayed together, different teams are separated by a line, while players without a team are listed last, "

Localization:

1. Spanish and polish localizations are now available for Rise to Glory DLC.
    2. Fixed some typos and errors in English and Ukrainian localizations.

General:

1. Fixed a bug, when recently produced units that were moving to their gathering point would lose their order if they encounter a hostile unit.
    2. Fixed the Access Violation error that often recurred in 20-30 minutes after starting a match, loading of a save, or exiting to the main menu. Unfortunately, save games with this error are unfixable.
    3. ""Surrender"" button now works correctly in singleplayer missions.
    4. Fixed an error with galleys, when they refused to attack a building if the target was in between the ranges of their first and second cannons.
    5. Ships now won't sail on land.
    6. Fixed lighting, now the map won't get too bright if you hover over to the lower left corner.
    7. Fixed the animation of artillery, that occurred after loading up a save file.
    8. Fixed a glitch that allowed to order multiple upgrades simultaneously, despite paying only for one.
    9. The name of the Bavarian musketeer is now displayed correctly.
    10. Fixed a number of errors with player separation above the mini-map."

Changes to the economy:

1. An academy is now required to produce units in the diplomatic center.
    2. Reduced the mine upgrade speed from 15.5 seconds to 9 seconds.

Changes to unit balance:

TL;DR: Nerfed elite musketeers, rebalanced damage of bayonets, overhaul to hired grenadiers and all 18th century gunners.

Grenadier (mercenary)
    - fire power increased from 4 to 18
    - Increased reloading time from 3.4 seconds to 3.75
    - Slightly increased the bayonet attack range
    - Increased cost of shot from 1 iron/3 coal to 3 iron/4 coal
    - Increased the grenade's damage from 110 to 200
    - Pauses between grenade throws of a hired grenadier is 0.33 times bigger than of the usual one
    - Increased gold consumption from 20 to 25 pieces
    - Decreased the range of fire from 850 to 750

Musketeer 18c
    - decreased the melee damage from 18 to 10

Musketeer 18c (Prussia)
    - decreased melee damage from 22 to 12
    - fire power decrease from 55 to 35
    - decreased the price from 240 to 200
    - increased coal consumption from 1 to 3 coal per shot

Musketeer 18c (Bayern)
    - decreased melee damage from 9 to 6
    - fire power decrease from 55 to 35
    - increased the price from 35 to 160
    - decreased the production time from 7.03 to 5.62 seconds
    - decreased the damage that melee upgrade granted from 2/3/4/5/6/10 to 1/1/1/1/1/1

Musketeer 18c (Denmark)
    - decreased melee damage from 18 to 10
    - fire power decreased from 60 to 40
    - decreased the price from 195 to 160
    - increased the production time from 4.69 to 7.03 seconds

Musketeer 18c (Saxony)
    - decreased melee damage from 12 to 6
    - increased the price from 35 to 50 gold

Grenadier
    - decreased melee damage from 22 to 20
    - increased HP from 100 to 120
    - increased the production time from 4.69 to 5.62 seconds

Grenadier (Prussia)
    - decreased melee damage from 28 to 25

Grenadier (Bavaria)
    - decreased melee damage from 20 to 15
    - fire power increased from 14 to 15

Grenadier (Denmark)
    - increased melee damage from 23 to 25

Grenadier (Saxony)
    - fire power increased from 15 to 16
    - increased the production time from 4.21 to 4.69 seconds

Chasseur (France)
    - increased the maximum range of fire from 800 to 1050
    - increased the reloading time from 2.8 to 5.6 seconds
    - decreased HP from 85 to 75

Highlander (England)
    - decreased the maximum range of fire from 850 to 800
    - increased the reloading time from 2.8 to 5.75 seconds
    - increased HP from 100 to 125

Pandur (Austria)
    - increased the reloading time from 2.8 to 3.44 seconds

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    [PR]Ernest, ney, Setakat and 5 others like this.
  2. arpe

arpe Active Member

Good work we wait for more ;)

3. Kamilow

Kamilow Well-Known Member

Excellent job! The game is getting better but is many other things to add/improve. Especcialy we are happy to see increase an Winged Hussar health points ( maybe +100=335) , better creation speed and add posibility to create formations. Polish Light Reiter should have better attack +1 = (9).

arpe likes this.
  4. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

At last the first and very good step towards balancing of this game. And at last , Denmark musketeers are balanced not like it was before.
    France now in the house of power nations! YEY!
    There are still some questions :
    1. Saxony Musketeer It's shooting power shouldn't be rechecked?
    2. Austrian Pandours reloading speed is increased , but their recruitment speed is still 18.75 same as Serdiuk. Shouldn't it be a little decreased ? like to 12? or at least their musket range shouldn't be increased then?
    3. When you're playing with AI and it has Saxony it creates knights not guard cavalry.
    [​IMG]
    4. And of course with this revamp All power nations got nerfed while they could kill Serdiuk 1 shit now its impossible ;).
    I hope that in future we will have rechecked balancing further to achieve masterpiece version :)

Anyways good job I was waiting for it since C3 game was released :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    ney likes this.
  5. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

These are great improvements!

What about nations like Spain and Sweden, there's nothing really going for them, especially Spain, there's no real reason to play them?

6. Ferox

We're still working on balance, buffing low-tier units is one of our priorities.
    For sure!

7. Original-Cossacks-Player

Ferox can you please tell us all in the future will the camera be able to be zoomed right out during game play? For example in the screenshot you provided you can pan the view right out, will be able to do this in the future because we all want to command big armies and have full control and view of the units/formations? I know the camera can do this now typing in the command, but what I mean is we can just do this during a multiplayer game just using the mouse/keyboard keys?

8. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

I`ll give you some more hints, your balance changes replicate most of what I did to my country and unit scripts.

- reduce musketeer/grenadier melee attack to very low number. I have 1-5 for musketeers and 8-10 for grenadiers
    - change 18c musketeer upgrades to give firepower instead of melee damage
    - make the bayonet upgrade give +20
    - reduce even more reloading time but increase firepower
    - increase pikemen protection against bullets, 10 works ok for me
    - reduce Reiter defense upgrades to provide a total of 14 pike defence
    - increase last pikemen attack upgrades to +2 and +3 resp.
    - decrease musketeer and grenadier defense to 14 and 17 after all upgrades
    - reduce cost of mine upgrades
    - slightly increase lodging space provided by town centres/barracks
    - reduce fast cavalry defense to a total of 12
    - increase cuirassier bullet protection, I use 15
    - decrease ridiculous archer damage, even if you try them at 49 they`d be overpowered. I settled on 44 for algerian and 39 for merc.
    - increase cost and bosst stats of all mercenaries
    - increase winged hussar health to 300
    - give hakkapeliitas some base armor protection, they used to weak cuirasses, and slightly reduce attack
    - change all attack types to correct display, that makes the game very different from counter-operation perspective
    - give armoured units higher protection against sword and low protection against pikes
    - reduce howitzer explosion dispersion

9. Ferox

This is a very requested feature, so there is a high possibility that we'll add it. Can't say for sure right now though.

10. Marius

Marius Member

Now that all the good musketeers have been much more balanced, serdiuks seem to be too strong. How are you suppose to stop ukraine in 20-30 peactime games as 18thc nations? It was hard before, now it's almost impossible.

11. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

Id say would be nice only if cuirassiers would have stronger bullet protection , and grenadiers/musketers lower defence. ;)

12. colonel_panic

colonel_panic New Member

So... does anybody build 17th century musketeers yet?

13. Falc09

Falc09 Active Member

Downside of the new balance: Ukraine is now totally OP again. :(

its the combination of strong mid- and late-game serdiuks with the fast build cavallery during early-games

if you don't want to nerf the serdiuks, than increase horse building times or drastically increase stable costs

14. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

Just a word of caution-

As pretty much everyone who regularly posts here knows, one change in time of building or firepower or defense or academy or blacksmith upgrades or whatever is going to have a ripple effect throughout the game. I don't know how or to what extent the devs test proposed changes, but in Old Cossacks, we extensively pre plan and then exhaustively test each change and how it affects game play and other nations. Just one example, we have a fast building 17th century musketeer, different 18th century requirements and an option of a flat market with no reverse trading, changed range and destructive power on towers, cannons, howitzers their costs as well as range in mortars. All have been completely tested and I must admit, the game is a LOT better than what the devs have come up with so far.

15. Ferox

Thank you for warning. Just a note: we'll finally fix the modding today, so we'll be sure to check OC and give your balance a look :)

General WVPM likes this.
  16. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

Will there be further improvements of the performance? I just tested the new patch and it became a bit better. But the game is still unplayable for me.

17. Original-Cossacks-Player

Likewise, performance improvements must be ongoing.

18. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

So yesterday I played 1 game of course millions and not sure if the game is better, 1 or 2 big lags were there, unit control was terrible and it is still unplayable.

Not mention that - the game camera is a sh*t!!

You can scroll the map with arrows: UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT
    but once you hold "Shift" for queueing commands you CANNOT use arrows for scroll the map anymore.

This happens to me quite often and I would kill for this bug!
    As i said in point 1.
    "You can scroll the map with arrows: UP, DOWN, LEFT and RIGHT"
    once you hold "Shift" for queueing commands or other action, BUT I will give you an example:

You hold LEFT to scroll the map and then Shift - then release LEFT and Shift keys and the map still scroll left. BUT the map should not scroll anymore if you dont hold the keys!

Example: If you hold RIGHT and then UP then release the keys the camera make small quarter circle and then go up like in the picture 1, but the camera should go like in the picture 2.

[​IMG]

From point A to B

1. The camera move very quickly across the map from loc 1 to loc 2, if you click there. I hate this.
    2. The camera should jump immediately from loc 1 to loc 2.

This picture represent "minimap"
    [​IMG]

19. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

We need to get our OCMOD working again after the recent big changes. The fix to modding should enable us to do this, I believe. :)

With regard to game style, there is no one style of game that is the only right style. Different styles appeal to different people. Each style must then be balanced according to its own requirements. For example, vanilla C3 is one style of game model and OCMOD is another style. Vanilla C3 is more arcade in style, OCMOD is moving more to a realism style but it will take more time to fully realize it.I believe C3 overall will attract the most players by catering to different tastes in RTS gaming by supporting different styles from its vanilla form to its modded forms.

Game balance is a very challenging issue. A game that seeks to support say 16 to 24 (eventually) nations, all with some national specialties and novelties, will be a game that is very difficult to balance. Also, a game which supports many different peace time starts, resource starts, map types and options, will also be a very difficult game to balance. We can never expect perfect balance, especially with so many starting options, but we can expect a general trend to better balance. The standard diplo centre in the vanilla game does act as a leveling factor. Nations which lack certain options, either overall or at any stage in the game, can often find substitute options in the diplomatic centre. This aids vanilla balance.

A mod like OCMOD which, among many other things, seeks to moderate and reduce the effect of the diplomatic centre, must then find other ways to redress balance issues without taking special national units off nations and without homogenizing nations. We don't want nations which, despite different appearances and uniforms, are all much the same underneath. For this reason we seek to make national differences a little more subtle but still very real. However, this balancing process is an ongoing effort. We don't believe it is all fully solved yet. And our changes do lead to a very different style of game from the vanilla game. I could keep writing but obviously it is now more important to get the OC Mod working again after the patch.

Just remember, there will be many more iterative changes in the future as we continually introduce new realism elements to OC MOD and keep refining the balance.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Loner likes this.
  20. Kamilow

Kamilow Well-Known Member

In future developers should increase creation speed for this units:

XVII c. Musketeer
    Janissary
    Streltsy
    Tatar
    Archer
    Winged Hussar (also Hp)
    Mameluke
    Spah
    Hakkapeliitta

arpe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice