Ship suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Privateer, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Privateer

Privateer Active Member

Now my request isn't lots and lots of new content such as new ships as this will probably be something not added to a remake, so I would like to propose a relatively simple addition:

In Cossacks 1 and its expansions we could build the mighty Victoria (which I've always assumed this was meant to be 'Victory') .... which was the only ship that could be repaired (actually I could never repair mine!). Could we see a 'Repair' icon available to all ships which are idle (perhaps only being available after combat following a cooldown') please? Or even the tried and tested rts method of sending a boat into the shipyard to repair.

Ships were always a large investment in the game and whilst I liked the fact that they degraded everytime they fired a salvo, it was always a little sad that I could never get them back to their full health.

I think it would be beneficial to repair'em up again and this would certainly be a positive for the new crop of Cossack players who may have played other RTS games that generally allow you to heal most unit types.

Anyone else have suggestions for the naval elements?

Wololo and Sageboba like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Active Member

If you look at older threads/posts you may find other previous suggestions on naval stuff like cough, cough mine ;)

3. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

All ships could be repaired, if you want to repair the ship so, the ship should return to port and there repaired, and during the repairs, the ship should be unavailable and should not shoot.

Dedly, [RO]Proof and Loner like this.
  4. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

To be honest I never liked using ships.
    If possible I always played on maps with no water. Luckily my friend I played cossacks with also disliked ships.

also zoom was not good enough. If I could zoom more out and see more of the map it would be much more easy to navigate ships.

But I simple prefer land maps with land units.

5. condor_fly

condor_fly Administrator Staff Member

About zoom:
    You will be able to easily add L mode (zooming out) in modification

powerpinch likes this.
  6. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

Ship
    shooting while moving
    slower fire rates
    less damage

two types of cannonballs:
    normal cannonballs (damage e.g. 1000)
    after upgrade: fire cannonballs (damage e.g. 1500)

(the amount of damage depends on the type of ship)

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  7. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

I think ships should be way more expensive, take longer to build and be repairable at a port. Ships should be able to board infantry. HMS Victoria was the flagship of the British navy, not sure why other nation should have a ship named Victoria, won`t take more than 20 minutes to collect the names of their flagships.

WERY likes this.
  8. Wololo

Wololo Member

9. scarfacemperor

scarfacemperor New Member

As well as giving Venice the galeass they had in Cossacks 1

10. Burak Damgacı

Burak Damgacı Well-Known Member

What do you think about ship formation? I think It should be great. Repairing a ship is very important. As we improved within the port. All ships could be repaired. Not only big ships. All ships. I'm not a ship expert. I'd love to see Carrack, Galleas,Barca and other types of ships for Venice, Algeria, Turkey and also Russia and some European countries. River boats and small boats for Turkey, Hungary, Austria and maybe France and other nations. Different frigates- 1st rate and all kind of types- for European nations and maybe Turkey. Trade ships for all countries. By the way the most important thing is flag ship. That's all.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  11. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

Its odd that ships of line could not be repaired...

12. Burak Damgacı

Cossacks Back to war has one repair for Victoria. Not other kind of ships. I mean I'd wanted to see all ships are repaired regularly within the port.

ney likes this.
  13. Vidas

Vidas Member

14. ney

ney New Member

I really hope that after fixing the game, they will surprise us to integrate the repair for all the ships and add all the 18th ships from Cossacks "back to war"

It will be awesome !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::):):)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Burak Damgacı likes this.
  15. Burak Damgacı

• We need new patches the fix the game and also new units with new Dlc's. I think a lot of work to do. But most important is fixing the game.;);););):):):D

Kamilow likes this.
  16. Vidas

Vidas Member

17. Fluffy Fishy

Fluffy Fishy Member

Possible ships that make sense to me to add on (including those discussed already)

17th Century
    • Fluyt
    • Galleon
    • Galleass
    • Sloop
    • Hulk
    • Ketch

18th Century
    • Brig
    • Corvette
    • Indiaman
    • Super Frigate
    • Mortar ship (either Sloop or Brig)
    • Heavy ship of the line (to symbolise the difference between say a 3rd rate and 1st rate)

Burak Damgacı and Kamilow like this.
  18. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

I'm not really good with naval warfare but aren't the Fluyt and Hulk both trade ships ? They were armed with cannon but that was to defend themselves in case of hostile encounter with mainly pirates or corsair. They have huge load capacity but slow.
    And for Indiaman I thought it was a generic term for several kind of ship whose purpose was to travel for trade between Europe and India.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Fluffy Fishy

Fluffy Fishy Member

Fluyts and Indiaman were both types of trade ship yes, specifically there was East Indiaman and West Indiaman which were type of ships but they were basically similar to frigates but with large holds and less emphasis on combat, realistically they are fast ships because who wants a slow trade ship? Every extra day is a day you have to pay your crew and with square rigged ships thats quite a significant number of people literally eating away your profit. Although under the same breath it shouldnt be ignored that the vast majority of Galleons were also trade ships, very few were built purely for war, Galleons were also slower than Fluyts and Indiamans.

Spanish Galleass were somewhat unspectacular, the whole Galleass thing spurred out of the Venetian success at Lepanto after fielding 6 of them, the ship itself is loosely based on the Quadremes and Quinqueremes of the ancient world, the kinds sailed by the Greeks, Romans and Egyptians ect. The actual ships themselves were fierce in regards to galley combat but needed support from smaller ships, they fell out of favour quite quickly for most nations, with the only nation really continuing to develop them being Venice, who used them at least until 1784 when accounts mention them in the Venetian Barbary war. The Venetian state mainly kept their Galleass fleet going due to the unique nature of their holdings, with the crinkly dalmatian and greek coastlines creating difficulty for sailing warships. Something that is quite interesting on the subject is that the Venetian Galleass has a huge role in the birth of modern science, with the investment of Arsenal funds going towards a massive search for ancient texts into uncovering the mathematics of large ancient galleys and how to get the best possible force out of the layout and oar dimensions.

On the contrast, while the Galleon was designed and first built in Venice, as we know it was really the Iberians that made it their own, and while there are records of some magnificent and huge Galleons built by Venice, such as Grande Galleone, a massive 138 super galleon, the majority of the largest and most significant galleons were Spanish, as is quite well known. Venetian Galleons such as pictured above were generally comparatively small trade carriers compared to the Spanish contemporaries, although the largest Venetian builds displaced an average of 1000-1200 tonnes (around 1/3 the size of HMS Victory)

l' Hermione is actually a fairly dull ship when it comes to maritime history, her significance is much more cultural than anything else, as the vessel that shipped French support for the American war of independence she is regarded very highly by Americans as without French backing there wouldn't have been an America, not as we know it anyway. Her class of ship (concorde) wasn't really anything special in regards to development of naval technology, she was just a fairly typical 12lb Frigate.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  20. Burak Damgacı

I think the main problem of the game is not completely finished yet. If they can finish, we can see more units,nation and other things? I wish I would see a lively port with trade ship were navigating allied ports. We could produce marine soldiers in this port. But the reality is these ports in this game using only fishing or producing limited ship types. I think we can't see real 18th century ship types; 1st rate, 2nd rate, 3rd rate,4rd rate Ketch, cutter, Galleass, Victoria from Cossacks Back to war game, Galleon types,Frigate types and other various ship types etc. We deserve more thing to see. Look at this link:
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Units_in_Empire:_Total_War#Colonial_and_Company_Units
    You can see European Total war very various navy list:))

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice