Shooting through hills and mountains

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ftoomsh, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

Because I have added a lot of range to muskets in OCMOD4, it becomes very obvious when they are shooting through hills and mountains. This happens despite the fact that they cannot shoot through friendly troops, buildings or stone walls.

It seems the ray2 check (from AWAR) needs to check for hills and mountains or impassable terrain as well as strcutures. But how to do that? I've tried a few experiments but no luck so far. I guess if the ray2 could check for impassable terrain and not just structures it would stop muskets shooting through hills and mountains.

I have noticed too that cannon balls only hit level ground and low hills (anything green with grass). They don't hit even very tall mountains. The mountain terrain seems to be just a graphical depiction and not a 3d map feature like passable hills and plateaus which are real 3d map features with heights. Does this predict failure for any attempt at preventing musket fire through mountains?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice