slow mode/ fast mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by [KGR]-^K[o]K^-, Apr 29, 2016.

1. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

what do you think about this?

I really do not like when somebody during the game (when you build or especially during the war) keeps changing game mode from "slow mode" to "fast mode". I think game speed should be able to set only before game in lobby for the whole game without option of changing game speed during game.

But there could be exception: e. g.

If the game is too slow or lags, one of the players could suggest change the game speed and if all players agree, game speed would change.
    Confirm "Y" or reject "N" (or just click in the box Yes / No) for a change.

[​IMG]

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    -Fisher-, Anatotitan, TomV and 4 others like this.
  2. Lorenzo Paoli

Lorenzo Paoli Member

I totally agree, and I normally prefer the slow mode as the fast one seems so unreal.

3. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

I like slow mode too :)

4. arpe

arpe Active Member

What we know about speed mode in Cossacks 3 ?

5. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

There will be three speed options: slow, fast and very fast.

arpe likes this.
  6. arpe

arpe Active Member

Maybe all play only 1 speed :( ? Fast mode ? This mode is mid.

We need test a speed game :/

7. AlexCaptain

AlexCaptain Active Member

I don´t know what´s fast and what´s slow :D

I want to play in a normal speed. My Peasants should not run like they are on crack :D

8. Ploppy

Ploppy Member

That's up to you !
    GSC gives you the speed setting to please everyone. Play at the speed that please you :)

9. TomV

TomV New Member

Fully agree, the speed mode should be set at the beginning by the game host. And then, exceptionally, might be changed ingame if all the players agree.

This way you would know if you are expecting a slow/fast/very fast game and can decide which you prefer.

[PR]Ernest likes this.
  10. [AAC]Clay_Van0ranje

[AAC]Clay_Van0ranje New Member

I have been playing some 1.35 lately, you know, to get the feel of the game back after a decade,
    with modern PC and the 15 year old game, it's super fast. (1.35 (BtW) cannons could move faster that hussars in Cossacks 3... yeah, that's too fast)
    2016 45 PT Cossacks 3 feels like 2002 30 PT Cossacks 1.
    To me, that's not an improvement.
    The speed of Cossacks 3 feels like: Very slow, Slow, and Normal - it needs could use 2 more speeds/gears

People are different

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- likes this.
  11. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

[KGR]CATWEAZEL Moderator Staff Member

totally agree!

12. zantonin

zantonin Member

I want very fast for multi :cool: !

13. Afritus

Afritus Member

Different speed modes are already implemented in the game, just not activated. You can see them in the file <steam>/steamapps/common/Cossacks 3/data/scripts/dmscript.global. Just change gc_settings_gamespeed_0/1/2 to whatever you want to override the default settings for slow/fast/very fast.

14. Hruska

Hruska New Member

You see, for me the "normal" speed is still too fast, it does not give me enough time for strategic thinking. But I do agree with your point, I think the problem is that the difference in speed between "normal" and "very fast" is too small. Very fast should really be VERY FAST, not a little faster than normal.

Loner likes this.
  15. arpe

arpe Active Member

Game speed is very good in multi.

Anatotitan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice