Songs you feel guilty for liking

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ftoomsh, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Active Member

I know it's old-fashioned and a trifle uncool... ;)

2. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

Ftoomsh-

I think your musings have fallen on deaf ears. 30 views and mine is the only response and I can't think of either an honest or witty response except "Does Martha actually have more than one muffin?"

3. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Active Member

LOL. Most people just don't seem to have the rather discursive mind I have. Some would say I am erratic not discursive. ;)

Another fun exercise (I think) is to select songs or music or styles you like from genres which you otherwise dislike. But I guess this will fall on deaf ears too.

For example;

1. I dislike dubstep but I like "Centipede" by Knife Party.
    2. I dislike rap but I like "Heard it all" by Illy (an Australian rapper). This is really funny. It walks the line between serious and self-parody in a really funny way. And just hearing an Australian trying to rap is also funny.
    3. I dislike jazz (probably sacrilege I know) but I like the form where they have piano, drums, bass and vibraphone.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  4. (OC)Fotheringill

NOW, you have really done it. I will not respond further lest you be encouraged to really go off on a tangent.

5. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

That's not to bad Ftoomsh ! For starters, I like a old group because I found them funny, my friends had a distressed look when I put it in the car :

6. (OC)Fotheringill

Wow!!!!
    An actual reply.

7. Foeurdr

yes, if we don't reply to ftoomsh thread I fear he might feel lonely :p

8. (OC)Fotheringill

He lives on a mostly underpopulated continent. Other than family and face to face friends, he IS lonely and has turned to obscure music and musical groups as an outlet.

I am in New York City and yearn for the loneliness.

9. Foeurdr

Fair point

10. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

[KGR]CATWEAZEL Moderator Staff Member

I feel sorry for liking this song, it just sticks in my head and i have to listen to it sometimes...

11. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Active Member

Warning, never watch this. It will destroy your brain.

Well, you were warned

12. (OC)Fotheringill

Sir:

Please remember that an idle mind is the devil's workshop.

13. Commodore

Commodore Active Member

Bit off topic but La Marseillaise makes me want to load up Cossacks and destroy Prussia and Denmark with France ! We need fighting music like this in C3.

Cant get the clip to upload from youtube for some reason, put in Casablanca marseillaise and it will come up.

[​IMG]

14. Foeurdr

damn you Catweazel, since your song was funny I showed it to a couple of friend and now it's stuck in my head ! This thread is cursed !

15. (OC)Fotheringill

"...This thread is cursed !...."

THAT is why I was the only response for quite a while. You folks didn't read between the lines of my post. NOW, you are all cursed as badly as the OP.

16. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Active Member

The gods of random send The Valkyries to smite thy base!

17. (OC)Fotheringill

Not big on centuries old language-

Thy or thine?

18. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Active Member

"The possessive is thy or thine." - Wikipedia.

Thy - "Your" - Possessive form of you. Commonly used before a noun that begins with a consonant/consonant sound (like the article, “a”).
    Thine - "Your" - Possessive form of you. Commonly used before a noun that begins with vowel/vowel sound (like the article, “an”). Also used when indicating that something is “absolute and understood”. - "Thou, Thee, Thy and Thine" - Shakespearean English.

"Base" begins with a consonant. My use was correct by pure luck or else by my ear for language. :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  19. (OC)Fotheringill

"... Shakespearean English...."

Who? or perhaps "whom"?

20. Foeurdr