State vs Country Questions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ftoomsh, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

I see there are at least three or four variants of State vs. Country on the Steam workshop. These are;

(a) State vs. Country;
    (b) State vs. Country Plus;
    (c) SVC Strategic; and
    (d) Rise of America.

Though I am not sure about SVC strategic. Which Mod or Mods are considered definitive or the best? Alternatively, what kind of gameplay is version of the mod designed to give? Are they closely similar or quite different? Any overview information anywhere? Thanks.

2. Awar

Awar Well-Known Member

(a) - old version, the project is closed
    Difference between (b) and (d): (d) added Ebel, NTM mod
    SVC strategic is not included in this series.

3. Ftoomsh

Thank you. Is there much written in English that explains the Plus and America mods? Any links?

4. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

There are no complete presentation of either mods in english.
    For State vs Country plus there is the thread you started last time : State vs Country English Thread but the info is spread on several page and I kind of stopped updating it during summer so it lack the last improvements made.
    As for Rise of America outside of the workshop short presentation, there is no thread in English.

5. Ftoomsh

These questions are for the developers of State vs. Country Plus mod.

1. What changes are you planning next?

2. Have you considered:

(a) morale?
    (b) no firing through friendly troops for true 3 rank linear tactics?
    (c) preventing the stacking of formations?

I've considered these three for my mod but I haven't been able to code them yet. In an experiment with no firing through friendlies, I raised the vertical height of the shot origin of shooting troops. This meant the second rank and some of the third rank could shoot over the front rank(s) on flat ground but still not through other intervening units and of course they could still hit their targets. The rank graphics were left the same and the standard musket (ray) weapon was used. It sort of worked but I had no graphics for a kneeling front rank or anything like that. Unfortunately, I lost the code of that experiment and can't replicate it currently. But I know it's possible.

3. In the current OCMOD3 version, reload times are twice as long but range is also twice as great. This seems to work reasonably well though shooting units on plateaus are deadly with such great range. Artillery range is also increased accordingly and these reloads are slower too. OCMOD3 is designed for bigger maps like 2x and over. More space is required for the greater ranges of muskets and cannon.

When you slow fire rates in fire options in State Vs Country, do shooting units get more range or more damage to compensate them?

NOTE: Given how far State vs. Country is ahead of every other mod technically, it seems pointless to try to compete with it really. This means I am not sure how much more effort I will put into my new version of OCMOD3. Maybe I would rather make suggestions for State vs. Country, lol.

First suggestions:

(A) Consider another option for the market that gives flat, unchanging and poor prices like the market in OCMOD3. This market and its prices actually copies the market rate settings of Cossacks 2.

(B) Consider longer ranges for slower fire rate option to maintain musket to cold steel parity (if you have not done that already).

6. Awar

Awar Well-Known Member

Why will you compete with State vs. country?
    May be better, if you will be to continue your research for your mod .
    Of course, you can make a mod for "State vs. country".
    You used a physical model of the shot. You can try to add another method.
    Squads have buttons to change the formation: square, line and square.
    In the rebuild code, you can set the unit parts to not fire.
    For example
    Array of units in the squad.
    0, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 ..... 36
    Square
    0, 1,2,3,4,5,6

Units 0 to 18 can fire. For programming, you can use the number of rows and columns options.
    You need to add a unit property, a fire ban flag. This flag will prohibit or allow fire.
    you should also add "no firing through friendlies".

Maybe only if morale. have you thought about this question?

7. Awar

Awar Well-Known Member

Check out the theme, small_scale_units for state_vs_country
    http://www.cossacks3.com/forum/inde...еалистичных-размеров-в-игре.30436/#post-88301

After reducing the scale of units, the firing distance increased. Also increased pause firing

8. Ftoomsh

1. Do I have to run State vs Country Plus mod and and the small scale units mod together? The units are smaller so does this mean they take longer to walk a given distance on the map, say along 50 wall sections (if the walls are not smaller)?

2. Setting parts of the formation to fire like your square example assumes they are only attempting to fire forward. If this square was attacked from the rear would units 0 to 18 still fire to the rear (through the other men)? Or maybe you have thought of that. With a little bit of calculation based on direction of enemy (vector) the flags could be set maybe.

3. I have another suggestion for State vs Country. Why allow the 18th C Barracks to be built before it can be used? I think it's build-able one era before it can produce troops. But I have been away from C3 and its mods for a year so I maybe haven't checked these things properly.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  9. Awar

Awar Well-Known Member

yes
    [​IMG]
    Units reduced by 30%. Unit movement speed reduced by 30%

To raise the camera - [PageUp]
    To put the camera Down [PageDown].
    To return camera [Home]

10. Ftoomsh

I can't find small scale units as a separate mod in the Cossacks workshop. But Rise of America says it has small scale. I will look at that.

Update: No, that's not it. I am afraid I cannot find the small scale mod anywhere.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  11. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

@Ftoomsh, you need to check this thread in the russian modding forum : Уменьшение размеров юнитов или вариант получения реалистичных размеров в игре.
    It's where @Awar post his test and working version of the small scale mod. If I'm not wrong the current version are these :

- For state_vs_country_plus_16.51
    small_scale_units_sc_16_5 1_2

https://yadi.sk/d/SmBJdfRsVxJIsQ

- For riseamerica_sc_ntm_16_51
    small_scale_units_ra_ntm_16_51_2
    https://yadi.sk/d/9F6bInMU-DJrkw

The link will open to a download hosted on Yandex, basically, the russian google. Simply choose download (in case the page is in cyrillic, it should be a white button)

12. Ftoomsh

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice