The new ranked season has begun + Patch Notes!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ferox, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Ferox

Ferox Administrator Staff Member

Dear friends!

Today even the most hardcore fans will be pleased, as with today's patch we're finally introducing the highly requested multiplayer functionality update: Absolutely new ranking system, abilities to quick search lobbies, ranking seasons and much more!

The new update brings the game to a whole other level: now the ranked system will decide who's the ultimate Cossacks player that deserves to be at the very top. During 2 months of the first season, fight your way for the Emperor title and receive great rewards with it. The ""Quick Play"" option will be a steady companion that will greatly help the players in this task.

As this is the first ranked season of the game, we would really appreciate your feedback on it. Ideas on improvement, suggestions about the ladder, opinion on the system - we would love to hear your thoughts on the ranked mode. We shall continuously make little tweaks to it, so that our community will be fully satisfied with the experience."

TL;DR

- “Quick Play” option is now available for ranked games;

- Casual games don’t affect the ladder anymore;

- There is no penalty for losing a ranked game (points won’t be deducted), no need abort matches;

- The Ladder has been reset, the new season starts today;

- We tweaked the ranking system, now the points are distributed in a different way, titles have increased requirements;

- We’ve restarted the server, TOP100 players from the pre-season will receive rewards later.

More details on the changes:

Patch Notes 17.03.17 (1.4.5.69.4993)

Ranked:

1. The game now has a ranked mode. From now on the players can gain points and progress in the ladder either by playing ranked or casual matches. Due to frequent match evasion and hacking offences, we decided to reset the ranks of all players, giving everyone a fair chance in the new season. Below are the main differences between the two:

Ranked games:

- You can launch it only by pressing ""Quick Play"" or by creating a special room in the multiplayer shell

- The starting options are set and cannot be changed

- All user created modifications are disabled

- Victory grants a lot of points;

- The match is considered ranked only if the game lasts more than 10 minutes.

Casual games:

- Launched from the multiplayer rooms

- The starting options are chosen by the host

- User created modifications are allowed

2. The following starting options are set for the ranked mode:

- Type: Team versus Team, 3 vs 3, if there's not enough players the game will automatically switch teams to 2 vs 2 or 1 vs 1;

- Nations: random;

- Starting resources: 5000;

- Peace Time: 10 minutes;

- Map type: Land.

3. For a more convenient way of finding ranked games, players can now use the 'Quick Play' button, which will automatically find suitable opponents for the player.

4. You can invite up to two players to queue up together for a ranked match. To do this, create a special room and invite your friends, then you need to set the lobby eligible for the Ranked mode. You and your friends can only play on the same team.

5. You have 2 months to get a desired title, as the ranked season lasts till the second half of May. The rewards will be distributed at the end of May as well.

6. We leave the right to reset ranks of certain players if there will be proof of unsportsman behaviour, match-fixing or cheating.

General:

- The Balloon upgrade now removes Field of View for allies as well.

Cheating

- Cheaters will receive a more severe punishment from now on. We remind you that if you encounter a cheater, you can always send a report letter with a replay and a short description of the supposed hacking to [email protected].

Errors:

- Dealt with bugs that prevented some players from seeing their Early Bird bonuses

- Fixed an issue that caused the game to use a wrong localization.

- Fixed a bug with the statistics screen, when after pressing the ""Replay the game"" button the new session used the settings from the previous game.

- Fixed a problem, when the keys responsible for camera controls (arrows) wouldn't respond if the player holds the Shift or Ctrl keys.

- Fixed typos in some texts.

- Fixed an error, when the ""Random nation"" option would never choose the last nation from the list.

- Fixed a bug in the 4th mission of the Prussian campaign, where an enemy's blockhouse wasn't considered hostile.

Multiplayer:

- Fixed an error, when after a several consecutive multiplayer games, the new session had a chance of suddenly ending or displaying chat messages from other games.

- Fixed an issue with MP room exiting, when the player would get a notification that he was kicked although he wasn’t.

- Fixed an error, when after a re-hosting the session wouldn’t count as ranked.

- Fixed a bug, that broke the re-hosting process: the notification about loading of another player would never go away and the game would refuse to start.

- Fixed an error, that caused the shell to appear empty after exiting a session.

- Fixed an error when the player wouldn’t get any points for winning a ranked game.

- We’re going to save TOP 100 players of this season to give the players rewards in the future.

Hotkeys:

- There is an alternative hotkey that allows the player to select all military units – Ctrl + Shift + A and Ctrl + Alt + A.

Balance

- Increased the formation bonus for a 400 units’ template from +2 to attack/+3 to defense to +3 to attack/+4 to defense.

- Increased the amount of peasants that can chop the same tree from 1 to 2, which increases the efficiency of woof gathering.

- Increased the rate at which each next building gets more expensive from 3 to 4%

Unit changes

Housings:

- Increased the amount of slots housings provide from 15 to 25.

- Increased the cost of construction from 50 wood and 50 stones to 100 wood and 100 stones.

Pandur (Austria):

- Reduced the production time from 18.75 to 10.32 seconds

Chasseur (France):

- Increased the production time from 9.38 to 10.32 seconds.

- Increased the range of vision

- Decreased the fire range from 1050 to 1000.

- Increased the price by 10 gold

Peasant:

- Increased the melee range from 50 to 65

Hussar:

- Increased the production time from 14.84 to 17.8 seconds

- Reduced the bonus to armor after all upgrades by 2

Hussar (Prussia):

- Increased the production time from 10.16 to 13.16

- Reduced the bonus to armor after all upgrades by 2

Pikeman, 18c:

- Increased the attack after all of the upgrades by 2

Pikeman, 18c (Sweden):

- Increased the attack after all of the upgrades by 2

- Increased the health from 85 to 95

- Increased the basic attack from 11 to 12

Archer (Algeria):

- Decreased the arrow damage from 199 to 40

- Increased the production time from 0.78 to 1 second

- Reduced the amount of time it takes to shoot another regular arrow from 9.22 to 5 seconds

- Increased the minimal range of regular and fire arrows from 300 to 350 (the same as the mercenary archer)

- Increased the maximum range of regular and fire arrows from 600 to 700 (the same as the mercenary archer)

Npeter87, Aduhi, [PR]Ernest and 2 others like this.
  2. arpe

arpe Active Member

Sounds good.

3. Commodore

Commodore Active Member

First impressions of new multiplayer options - OMG there are no options !!!! Now you can not choose what map size, nation or peace time you want, all the options are set to minimum - 10 pt, small map, random nation.
    This is horrible GSC - what have you done to my favourite game?? :mad::oops::oops::(:(
    Please put it back to how it was yesterday.

4. Emperor Highlander

Emperor Highlander Highlander Staff Member

Issues are. Now that people can't "farm" rank from normal games is a godsend. I am sure later on once re balancing has happened the team will add things to the ranked games.

5. Commodore

Commodore Active Member

I have no idea what you mean.
    I like longer games, 45 pt or more. I like 2 x map. I like to choose my nation, or sometimes play random. Now I am forced to play 10 pt on a tiny map with people i dont know ?!?! What is going on? Nobody asked for this, please cancel it.

6. Emperor Highlander

Emperor Highlander Highlander Staff Member

This is for ranked games.
    It's to stop rank farming.

[PR]Ernest likes this.
  7. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

When will you do performance updates? The FPS drop to 2-5 and make the game unplayable at all. You need to fix these problems before you make other updates.

8. Aistis1990

Aistis1990 Active Member

Sweden pikes , pandours , hussars... lol youre the best! Now some nations going to be more interesting to play :)

9. [WW]Prototype

[WW]Prototype Active Member

what the hell are you talking about!
    where you're looking?
    you're not forced to play "random" "ranked" game.
    at least as i know, you have a choice to create your own "ranked" game.

10. Commodore

Commodore Active Member

you have a choice to create your own "ranked" game

- err, no you don't. That is my point. If you tick the box for ranked game, none of the usual options are available. In fact the only option you can change is winter or summer map as far as i can see.

11. Ferox

Ferox Administrator Staff Member

This is an only option the "Quick Search" option won't become obsolete in a matter of days. The pre-season version of ranked was outdated and was but a place holder.
    You're also able to team up with your friends in the new ranked mode, and nobody stops you from creating custom games with the settings you like. We're still making adjustments to the ranked mode, we'd be glad to hear your suggestions.

12. Commodore

Commodore Active Member

My suggestion is to allow any and all options in ranked games, like before. Don't see why anyone would want to change that. I just dont like 10 pt games on small map. Especially hate capture on games. So I hope this is just a temporary thing. I am not the only one !
    My other suggestions would be :
    Improve the layout of the shell . There is room to expand the window, add more columns such as ranks next to players names in the long list, make all columns searchable like in excel.
    There needs to be more room in the shell to describe your game.
    You should be able to view the map before you play on it.
    You should be able to set up your own start points, although having allies nearby is a help. This would be an option for the host of the game to set the start points.
    Put in the game speed next to the game name in the list of games .
    Disable the option to change the game speed during the game using + or -

I look forward to being able to play the game I love the most again soon.

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- likes this.
  13. arpe

arpe Active Member

I have good suggestions about ranked:

Maybe player can choose a rule ? From the pool 4 rules.
    Player can 2 rules banned, 2 will be searched.

[-NF-]Baton likes this.
  14. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

I agree with the Commodore here, this system eliminates all of the progress we have made in the game over the last 10 years.

No longer can we play on larger maps, without market, or diplomatic center, or even with other players that we enjoy playing with. We cannot chose the style of game we love, or how we chose to play it. And sadly Many people whom play for ranking are exploiters. Who steal trades in the market, make 70%-80% mercenary armies, or all officers, drummer, and priest armies. on small maps so they can rush you at the end of 10pt.

Balancing the game means NOTHING until you moderate the exploits. no one will ever get to play the real game until you fix the exploits! Lets take a step back for a second and look at it. The worst ones could be easily be fixed in less than an hour. These problems have been around since C1, and no one seems to do anything about them. Normally you just do not play with people who use them. But now that is not possible with this new system.

GSC in the past had a Cossacks league in their own server in C1. Here there were rules, for different styles of games.. and the hard core players fought it out. This lasted about 2 or 3 months, because it ruined the experience for everyone. It died soon after. Most of us play for the Cossack experience of the game. To play with friends who thank each other for the game after, who say good game, and well played after a game. Not people who continuously insult your intelligence for not using officers instead of pike. I would hope that we could keep the two systems separate. let those of us who enjoy playing with our friends do so. let those who want to beat their chest and say I am the best do so as well. My guess is that those who beat their chest will soon find no one to play with.

But by far the most disappointing part is that we broke the Mod's to get this sad replacement.

From the beginning you have stated that C3 was only going to be the beginning of a journey for the franchise. that the community, and modders were going to help propel the game into a better future, into a new experience for the Cossacker fans.

Not only were you going to promote mods with some heavy duty tool sets, but developer support would be available for the more promising mods.

Now here a year later and we have seen no modding tools, the editor is difficult (except for the most determined, with still no way to publish the maps?) to use. But instead the modders who have been able to have success, continuously have to restart their mod after every update. It will not be long before they realize that the promised support will not come. only obstructions to their hard work will be their future.

No one has supported this game more than I have. But some things need to change.

There are small groups of us want to take the game to a new level. Not just change a pikes creation speed by a second or two, move a hit point a degree, or take away shot power upgrade a point. But change the way the game is played. get EVERY unit onto the field. fight large battles, in formations.

Seriously this is a 10+ year old game. It has a huge well deserved following. But we have played it, and unless we are able to change it a little, and move past the old problems the game we all love. It will die on the vine.

I would suggest as strongly as I can that you look at the modders you have here in the community, and work with them instead of against them. I of course do not think you are aware of the problems you are creating. But you should look into some way to help them.

A concerned Cossacker!

Daddio

15. Loner

Loner Active Member

After the last patch all I get when loading my mod is a screen of grass.:(:mad:

Got it sorted, Phew! :D

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017