To the developers: A big thank you!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fulcrum, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

My last post here on the forum. I have come to thank the developers for working hard on the GSC classics.

Thanks to this game, maybe the last one I will ever play due to life requiring my attention elsewhere, It was confirmed to me that I should not pay for software anymore. We have to fight for our rights and protect torrent engines and the free sharing of software. The game was the worst software purchase I have ever done in my life and the lack of caring from the development team and the absolutely ridicilous piece of software they released, especially in the beginning, dictates why we should distribute software freely and with no regrets on rights and the work incorporated. I can now focus on more important things and not spend time to deal with an unfinished product, so many months after its release.

So, a big thank you for trying to do the game proper. I know it takes time and you need to support your families so I still am glad you tried.

Farewell,
    Mario

2. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

Aren't you playing in the tournament anymore, or is that a different Fulkrum?

I've played Fulkrum before in a 45PT game, he is a good player, but he relies on reverse trading to win, I didn't reverse trade and I beat most of his armies, but once he started getting 5 18th century barracks I had no chance as he was making 3 times as many musketeers as me and had 4 more stables than me, the part that annoyed me was he bragged full well knowing he reverse traded, he wouldn't play me in a no market game....

3. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

BTW what issues were you having Fulcrum? There still a lot of issues with this game, hopefully they can be resolved soon, because I do get sick of playing a game for over and hour and it can crash and you will never know when, it's pure frustration, I have almost thrown my keyboard out the window and I'm not even joking

4. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

I will tell you (I`m not the one you think you played, I used different nickname):

- Game still has many bugs
    - Unbalanced
    - Crashes
    - Crashes with ATI cards
    - Random generator is shit
    - Game consumes lots of resources when it gets into further stages
    - Developers don`t care about the fans - the people that literally paid them to produce the game
    - Limited tactics (because developers don`t listen to fans)
    - Nerfed Ukraine - a state that did not even exist then but someone wanted to increase the length of his manhood
    - No effort of whatoever to make the game more accurate in terms of army composition and uniforms
    - Funny artillery (all apects of it - looks, performance)
    - They changed pricing and started charging for DLCs
    - Since when is 1EUR equal to 1USD? I work in investment finance and this was just an unpolished way to suck out money from the people that supported you (you know whom I mean)

They looked at this game as a way to raise some cash and many of us fell victim, that`s the truth. So, whenever I see a game made by this team or fragments of it - I will not buy it. End of it.