Translation of Q&A stream with the developers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ferox, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Aduhi

Aduhi Member

Are you going to make some previously done maps for multiplayer? Maps, where we could find buildings and places we weren't able to build or see (like bridges or fords [available only in singleplayer mode])in normally generated maps.
    You could use your imagination and create some special maps which could make us more entertained and bring us a new experience.
    I've got the examples:
    1) Islands connected by narrow lands or bridges.
    2) Peninsulas connected to one land which constitutes a huge battlefield. (Players situated on the peninsulas)
    3) Huge islands with place for more than one player.

2. Ferox

Ferox Administrator Staff Member

We plan to add an ability load up pre-made maps later, so that community created maps will be loadable both in MP and SP.

Aduhi likes this.
  3. colonel_panic

colonel_panic New Member

Has this been implemented? I got a 240-byte patch today. 17c Musketeers build at 12.5s / unit-- is that down from previous?

4. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

I've obviously done something to upset the Developers.:confused:

5. Ferox

Ferox Administrator Staff Member

My bad, somehow overlooked all your previous messages. We're planning to improve the modding possibilities along with the editor. If you're in need of assistance, PM me - I would be glad to help you :)

6. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the reply, you have restored my faith.:D
    I'm good thanks and happy to wait for the tools required to enhance my ideas on the game.:cool:

7. brocart

brocart New Member

automation of the game makes it easier, and reduces the potential skill gaps between players.
    You must orient the game to competitive, and no automation of anything should be allowed.
    Otherwise, you will assist to long boring game where both players have the same army, almost just pressing a+click

8. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

"No automation of anything should be allowed." So when you use infinite production queue that's not automated? When pikes thrust and hussars cut then you micro attack of every unit? When 200 dragoons fire you reload, re-aim and fire every unit individually. No? Hmmm, methinks you are using some of the automation that has to be inherent in every large unit numbers game. The issue is where to draw the design line. It's a moveable line, a moveable feast. It is possible to move the automation line by upgrades if the game or mod is designed that way.

9. brocart

brocart New Member

Ftoomsh, dont be stupid please ...

You are right with "the issue is where to draw the design line. It's a moveable line" and it is moving in the wrong direction (to me ..).

Commodore likes this.
  10. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

My idea on automation is that it should be applied to the economy, and yes even upgrades. Simplify it and get to the fighting part.

The game seems to be a build your economy for 30 - 45 min. and fight for 5. I think this should the other way around.

Maneuver and map control should have priority over building, and upgrades.

And please brocart, do not call anyone stupid on these forums. It is a sure way to get your post deleted, and yourself banned.

Agree or don't agree, but no name calling.

(OC)Fotheringill likes this.
  11. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

Okay, I was being Captain Obvious. :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

I totally agree, I am working on a Mod where there are no Military Upgrades at all.:p

Daddio likes this.
  13. Kamilow

Kamilow Well-Known Member

When will be last Stream translation ?

14. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

It's planned for today if everything go well

Kamilow likes this.
  15. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

I am offended when someone calls someone else "stupid" on this forum and frankly I don't get offended very easily. Ftoomsh is a top shelf guy with the patience of a saint and has the ability (and demonstrated the same) in making a flawed game eminently playable and more enjoyable for me and anyone else who has played the Old Cossacks mod. To be denigrated by someone who has put in so many hours of work in the three posts made here is just plain wrong. If not for Ftoomsh, I would be playing another game nightly instead of the OCMOD3.

Back to the discussion-

There is a constant watch being performed by a player in making sure that everything related to the economy is operating in a smooth fashion, from checking on field amelioration, overcrowding of field, forests and quarries, distances from resources to a storage shed and the like. Otherwise, peasants will be standing around doing nothing in non producing mill areas, waiting for an empty spot near a tree or walking 3 miles from a tree to a storehouse. On the other hand, economic stress with automation, non economic stress with automation? Who knows? I would say it is totally dependent on map location, type of map, number and quality of allies and enemies alike.

I have no idea how automation could be accomplished, but if as I suspect, it will require a major rewrite of code or whatever devs and mods deal with, I would rather put up with the PITA

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  16. [PR]Ernest

[PR]Ernest Moderator Staff Member

It started to be annoying for me. I say it as a normal user, please stop mentioning OC mod in every topic on this forum. Thank you.

5||901234||123457|| likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice