Alternative win conditions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kannerke, Oct 27, 2015.

1. kannerke

kannerke Member

I previously posted this suggestion, but it probably got removed by accident.

I suggested to add a win condition based on (superior) score: when your score is 10 times (configurable) the score of your opponent, you win the game.

I suggested this option to prevent the situation where you need to turn over every pixel of the map to find the last soldier or peasant your opponent controls.

Another member suggested the option where the courterparty (ai) surrenders when defeat is certain.
    I think this is a valid implementation of what I suggested.

2. [EiS]bob

[EiS]bob Member

This was already in btw.

It was commonly used as a set timer for games so they wouldnt drag out for too long.

3. Finrothel

Finrothel New Member

Even like a victory point system - where you have to control important areas of the map for a length of time to win, eg. Company of Heroes 2

Lorenzo Paoli likes this.
  4. Ragnaer

Ragnaer Member

I think this is a very good idea.

5. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

I would prefer a kill the kind gameplay.

You start with a leader (king). Much life, very powerful in close combat and 100% resistant against cannons/mortars.
    However low protection against muskets (but immune against 4% headshot chance)

once you lose this unit you have lost.

Furious Peasant likes this.
  6. Ragnaer

Ragnaer Member

You Jean like in AoE2? I dont think this mode would fit to cossacks.

7. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

If we call it a general it work, a bit like in some Cossacks 1 and 2 missions, if your commander was killed you failed the mission. Though he was essentially a simple soldier.

8. Ragnaer

Ragnaer Member

I think it will end up hiding your king in the edge oft the map and building thousands oft walls around him.

9. Furious Peasant

Furious Peasant Active Member

I like the Idea of "Kill the King" gameplay.
    We could have also economic win conditions like: who collects 10 000 000 Gold first. Or who recruits X soldiers of type Y first and so on. That gamemode is aviable in the games of "the Settlers" series.

10. Ragnaer

Ragnaer Member

Or maybe worldwonders like in aoe

11. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

the problem in C1 and AQ was in my opinion that it was that it is sometimes very hard to totally eliminate the enemy.
    Due to cost rising buildings the costs of the first buildings are often nothing. Sure a 18c barracks will cost 12500 gold which is pretty much but some buildings like 17c barracks or fort in AQ cost almost nothing for the first building.

Even if you destroy it the enemy will rebuild it at once. Also cannon or mortar attacks consume way much more iron/coal than the costs for rebuilding. At this part micromanagment becomes very important. Mortars do not auto attack. Meaning if your enemy can click very fast (or you play against a computer) it is almost impossible to destroy the enemy with cannons alone. It kind of ruin the gameplay for me if a cannon is garbage (low damage and high shot costs) but a soldiers can capture everything in seconds.

I would prefer one thing I have to destroy to win.

instead of a king that could also be a fortress you start with
    -can train musketeers
    -can shot to enemies nearby (even while units are trained)
    -special armour meaning that cannons/mortars get a -50% attack range mali.
    once you lose the fortress the game is over.

12. scarfacemperor

scarfacemperor New Member

Killing the king does not fit with the "gentlemanly" kind of wars of the period. However, "capture the king" (basically the same, just not killing the king) would be good however.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice