Any good guides on how to win online?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by grizzgolf, Sep 13, 2017.

1. grizzgolf

grizzgolf Member

Well do you guys know of any? I'm sick of getting my butt handed to me online!

2. Burak Damgacı

Burak Damgacı Well-Known Member

3. [AAC]Clay_Van0ranje

[AAC]Clay_Van0ranje New Member

Save replay,
    copy what the guy that beat you did,
    and repeat till you are beaten by the best,
    copy the best and there you go.

While you do that, you also gain experience playing, because you also need to play well to win.

Burak Damgacı and [-NF-]Baton like this.
  4. [-NF-]Baton

[-NF-]Baton Active Member

as top1 player of this season, i agree with you. its more than truth.

Falc09 likes this.
  5. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

I agree as above. Save replays, analyze your lost games and figure out why you lost. It is also worth practicing techniques. In other words, like any sportsperson who wants to take a game seriously, you need to train. You need to practice builds and tactics and formulate strategies. Also, have a realistic approach. I am old and not a fast clicker so I never expect to beat experts but I hope to beat middle standard players... maybe.

Always remember, the highest principle of strategy is the concentration of forces.

"Never bring all your forces into play haphazardly and at one time, thereby losing all means of directing the battle; but fatigue the opponent, if possible, with few forces and conserve a decisive mass for the critical moment. Once this decisive mass has been thrown in, it must be used with the greatest audacity." - Clausewitz.

I have lost count of the number of games I have lost by attacking piecemeal.

"Never bring all your forces into play haphazardly and at one time" - Do not attack piecemeal.

"fatigue the opponent, if possible, with few forces" - This does not mean attacking piecemeal. It means using sufficient force and no more to harass and raid (where the enemy weak) and thus wear him out.

"conserve a decisive mass for the critical moment." - This is clear. Win the decisive engagement of the game with a superior concentration of forces.

This site is very handy. https://www.clausewitz.com/mobile/principlesofwar.htm

Given the design of the C3 game, raiding is encouraged, especially on small maps with little or no peace time. But being the offensive raider can lead you into mistakes. There is a fine line between using efficient force raids which do effective damage and getting tempted into continuing to raid unsuccessfully. The latter simply turns into throwing away forces piecemeal.

Burak Damgacı likes this.
  6. Warren

Warren Active Member

I have better idea. Watch a streams or video replays - only in this way you can see all mouse and keybords movements ;-)

Burak Damgacı likes this.
  7. [-NF-]Baton

[-NF-]Baton Active Member

replays is better)

8. Warren

Warren Active Member

I prefer streams ;-)

9. grizzgolf

grizzgolf Member

Thank you! Time to put in some work and get better!

10. Falc09

Falc09 Active Member

Learn the keyboard short cuts, makes micromanagement so much easier:

some of the most important are:

firstly: a quick rush for the market:
    c = center
    i = mill
    o = storehouse
    m = market

unit selection:
    ctrl+a
    ctrl+alt+a
    ctrl+z

form groups
    ctrl+1
    ctrl+2
    and so on

add selected units to groups
    shift+1
    shift+2

select buildings
    ctrl+B

endless production
    ctrl+click on icon

After that learn units strenghts and weaknesses of all nations:
    build the right units at the right time and use them properly

e.g. Reiters/Husars are only good for Raids on undefended towns, do not waste them against infantry formations. actually the best usage of any cavallery is to not use it at all, the presence of a huge cavallery formation forces your enemy to cover his flanks, to leave units in his town and prevents him from total focus of all units on your infantry

Always use advantage of hills, build formations, use stand ground order to defend

we all went through that phase when you are new to the game and your opponents seem to have build four times as much troops as you have, or, even wors: you have four times as much troops but you stil loose

[-NF-]Baton likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice