Do you still have the rights to C2?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Daddio, May 27, 2015.

1. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

I know that this is a C3 forum.

But just to ask the question.

Do you still retain the rights to C2. If so you may be able to generate some cash flow if you could just make the game playable on newer computers, and OS.

I know that C2 is still for sale on Steam, and with the addition of C3 it may generate some interest in C2 in the meantime with many customers.

A simple patch that would allow the game to be played on modern PC's would be a huge plus for many old Cossack fans, as well and the new ones.

Good gaming all,

Daddio

Bargergo and [KGR]CATWEAZEL like this.
  2. Styo

Styo Active Member

According to Steam, GSC published the game, so they might.

Also, I own all the games on Steam and they all work with Windows 8.1.

3. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

[KGR]CATWEAZEL Moderator Staff Member

Thank you. I created a similar topic yesterday, because i couldn't get launched Cossacks 2 napoleonic wars on my Windows 8.1 computer. I simply don't want to rebuy C2 on steam as i had already paid 30 € for it when it came out.

4. Daddio

Well it is hit and miss on whether it runs or not. We have had many people who can not get it to run on ether Windows8.1, or 7. and also some who have only minor to no problems.

Just looking at it, there seems to be more problems with 64bit systems as compared to 32,

I am sure it is something easily fixed. But it is a major problem for a large part of the community.

5. Styo

Styo Active Member

True, regardless it's a good idea to bring in some more income.

6. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

[KGR]CATWEAZEL Moderator Staff Member

Can you get me in Contact with someone who got it run on windows 8.1 64bit please ? :)

7. Daddio

Well I personally do not have ether windos7 or 8. I have not upgraded to avoid problems with my cossacks games.

But if you would post here = http://cossacksworld.ucoz.co.uk/

And describe what problems you are having I am sure that we could come up with something to try.

8. irish437

irish437 New Member

I liked Cossacks 2, My dream game at the time would have been Imperial Glory grand strategy map and Cossacks 2 battles. I still think that would be better than the Total War games.

9. Nick

Nick Active Member

Did you try the DarthMods for Empire & Napoleonic Total Wars games? If you have not I highly recommend it. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice