Everyone is Complaining, BUT.......

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by (OC)Fotheringill, Sep 28, 2016.

1. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

they are working on all of the fixes within their capabilities. You spent the equivalent of either $20 or $30. You can blow more than that in one night in a tavern and you piss it out in a few hours. OR, have you ever bought dinner for a charming young lady who shook your hand when she said goodnight, said thank you and you never saw her again?

Think of the interminable hours of enjoyment you will have from your purchase. It can be less than $.01 per hour when all is said and done.

It is a small investment to pay for the rewards that will be eventually reaped.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Masher

Masher Active Member

That is just forums in general. The silent majority are busy playing the game and having fun. You always have a small minority that are very loud on the forums. Sure many of the complaints are valid though, the game released in a shocking state. But the devs have released a patch every day since release and many of the game breaking bugs have been fixed. They have worked very hard and i thank them for that.

Still we were led to believe we were buying a finished product. I even asked them on facebook if it would have a live ingame editor at release and got a reply telling me yes it would. Yet i buy the game on release day and the ingame editor is not finished. I think that they deserve some of the criticism. Yet i also agree they deserve some respect for working hard to patch it up as fast as possible. I do not regret my purchase. I have 40 hours in the game already and believe it has great potential once the community starts modding and creating maps and missions for it.

PuffPuffPass and Ioannis84 like this.
  3. Ioannis84

Ioannis84 Member

with 20 euros or dollars you can buy a lot of finished products and play for years
    examples
    cossacks 2
    age of empires 3
    Medieval total War
    Shogun 2 total war
    Wargame
    Men of War

Your post is the lamest post i ever seen in my life and i can only excuse it if you are like 16 years old

4. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

Unlike Cossacks 3 I think all the game you listed won't evolve anymore, they are working well and finished but there will be no more support that will be provided for them anymore, while Cossacks 3 is at is very beginning and will still progress for quite some time. After some time I'm sure Cossacks 3 will be as good if not better in its own category than the games you listed.

5. (OC)Fotheringill

Masher- I agree with what you posted. But if everything was perfect and beta tested for six months open people with ALL levels of experience, this board would be uniquely calm.

Ioannis84- I do both humbly and abjectly apologize to you for being lame in your eyes. You have sussed me out. I am fourteen years of age, have only played Pacman and Asteroids because of tight parental supervision and lack of funds and hope to enter puberty soon since I have just discovered the joys of multi functional organs. Since my feelings have really been hurt and you are obviously a lot older than I both chronologically and in real life experience , I beg your indulgence in forgiving me for my obviously unworthy post. Please let me know exactly how old you are so I may aspire to emulate you during my formative years.

OC Coswar and Ioannis84 like this.
  6. Ioannis84

Ioannis84 Member

I hope and wish the game to flourish but its upsolutly retard to critize people for stating the obvious wtf is it netherlands here or china? That we should avoid negativity . The game will become better because people ask changes . Critism grow you stronger not weaker . In countries that they do not criticize you end with products like chinese products . So if people complain that they paid for an unfinished game its their right to do and will help the game

Nowy and Kneecap like this.
  7. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

I am much happier now that version 1.0.3.46.3829(+deluxe) is out. I started it in administrator mode and it ran like a dream.

It is of course fair enough and very helpful to report bugs. It's all about doing it without excessive complaining; i.e. by remaining objective and reporting the facts as you have found them in games and in your own tests.

8. OC Coswar

OC Coswar Member

Love it!!

Ioannis84 likes this.
  9. (OC)Fotheringill

I would hope that my apology to someone so obviously urbane and erudite would have been accepted. I am shattered beyond repair or redemption.

10. Kneecap

Kneecap Member

Hahah, it never fails. Theres one on every game forum... The apologist who fancies himself a white knight helping the poor and oppressed game developers against the dastardly customers who dare point out obvious flaws in the product they paid for.

If i pay for a coffee cup, and the handle falls off every time i lift it, I think the manufacturer of said cup would appreciate me informing him of this defect.

PuffPuffPass likes this.
  11. kaiser_frisia

kaiser_frisia Member

Your comparison with the chinese products is just spot on. I couldve not done it better myself. The chinese people really must start criticising their products that are produced for the west. We certainly cannot change the quality of the products ourselves. The chinese workers do earn a lot so the qualitiy should be of extreme value. Even the rights of the chinese workers are big in comparison to our own. So i dont know why the chinese dont criticise much. I cannot understand them and you are as correct as you are brilliant.

12. Kneecap

Kneecap Member

To be fair, the man got a point. There is a severe lack of oversight in many businesses in China, leading to many flawed products, which might even be lethal. A good example is the scandal a few years back when harmful chemicals were used in the manufacture of baby milk powder. It lead to the death of several infants. This could have been avoided with better oversight. Good products need constant evaluations for them to uphold a certain level of quality.

13. kaiser_frisia

kaiser_frisia Member

China is not in the business of making good products most of the time they make cheap products. They are not focused around quality they are around quantity. So the argument that criticizing the cheap products would lead to a better product is wrong, because the better product for china is not the product with more quality. Even though products which harm people are bad in every sense, because you cant sell them and you have to pay for the damages. That is always wrong but has nothing to do the other argument. Even products who focus on quality can have production flaws which lead to harmful effects.

14. (OC)Fotheringill

Kaiser-frisia-

Back to the Ukraine. The are aware of the bugs and the overall state of the game. Endless bitching and moaning about it other than clear reports in the "bugs" thread on particular problems helps neither them nor anyone who purchased.

15. Kneecap

Kneecap Member

Now you are just grasping at straws. Constructive criticism is never a bad thing, end of story. If you disagree, we just have to end the discussion here and agree to disagree. :)

I think your message will gain more traction with people if you use less hyperbole. Sentences like "EVERYBODY complains" and "endless bitching and moaning" does not lend itself well to a civilized debate, if that were what you had in mind. Sure, if you want people to get defensive and have the discussion become a flame war from the get go, then be my guest! :D

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Nowy likes this.
  16. Ioannis84

Ioannis84 Member

I studied in Netherlands and had a lot chinese co students. I was cultarly shocked from their lack of analytical and critical thinking . The classrooms were dead as hell . In assigments they never worked proactively and always a western took the decitions. This happens when your culture and states forbids critism. Emotionally many of them were like children could not take a joke or critism and got shocked when they saw someone angry with actual face expressions. As a greek person i was demoralized . I realized what the authors wrote about Asian way of thinking vs the western. And the dutch were a bit weird on negativity . They too critism as lazyness for example while they never had problems to extremely inpolite when it fitted them( dutch directeness for dummies) . The would mess up things but they had a system that would fix them.
    Unlike the Dutch the chinese would pretend things . I even heard that Shipping companies taht build ships in China when they bring them to Netherlands they check them again because it was made in China something that is not a common practise with ships from other countries.

Critism helps people will not leave the game because some people criticize . They will leave th game if nothing does not happen. If the developers give us awasome patches and Dlc with fort with morale people will rush to buy the game .

I recently critized a total war mod for doing a lazy job and got suspended because i was theatrical in my criticism because their historical mistakes were rather ridiculus (copy paste wrong historical names from vanilia game ) and they made fake claims. I know developers and modders are sensitive especially in TWC .

But see what would happend if i did not criticized the mod they would continue to use a wrong name among there other mistakes they did

Nowy and Kneecap like this.
  17. Anatotitan

Anatotitan Active Member

Don't think the China comparison is really getting anywhere.

I don't see everyone bitching and moaning, this forum especially seems to be particularly calm and constructive. Sure, there are some bad eggs, but tits are calm all around.

Kneecap and kaiser_frisia like this.
  18. Ioannis84

Ioannis84 Member

its metaphor and parellism

19. Anatotitan

Anatotitan Active Member

Yeah, but if everyone is talking past each other, the metaphor is lost on everyone, so people might aswell just drop it.

20. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

Gentlemen, please stay on topic!

I am not sure what China has to do with C3, But any further fores into their craftsmanship will result in a deleted post.

Anatotitan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice