Farewell

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by [KGR]CATWEAZEL, Jan 18, 2017.

1. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

[KGR]CATWEAZEL Moderator Staff Member

Hello

The disappointment is too big. Cossacks 3 is still unplayable and no major lag fixes have been made. The army control is laggy and slow. micro gaming is impossible.The game speed is too slow. Still countless bugs in game due to no beta tests. I'm fed up waiting for major changes in this. Therefore i announce my farewell from this community and go back to Cossacks back to war that i've been playing anyways for the last months.

Goodbye

2. Stu

Stu Active Member

Perhaps just check back on the game periodically. It does have lots of issues that need resolving and the rate of resolution does seem very slow but none of the problems are insurmountable and the game may yet become playable and mods may yet make it superb.

3. Karion

Karion New Member

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

4. Ebel

Ebel Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to see you go. I know it's still pretty bad for the 'millions' players, the interface/controls just don't respond well enough. They fixed a lot of bugs already but they sure got a long way to go, many issues remain. Let's hope it get's better in the future. Do visit from time to time.

5. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

I feel the same way. Playing with 1-20 FPS is no fun at all. Even 1000/5000 games are unplayable because the the performance problems and massive lag. The list of bugs and problems is endless. The time from update to update increases and the steps in the right direction get smaller and smaller. I also don't see a chance that the developers will fix everything to make the game playable and enjoyable. Maybe they should have chosen a different engine. But it is too late now. It is really sad.

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- and [RO]Proof like this.
  6. [RO]Proof

[RO]Proof Active Member

i think last patch fix some bugs, i have played 3 games today after last update , 5k pt 20 3-3 players and work good, no lagg, no mouse lagg , no ignore enemy army, i dont know how work in $$$ def or aop but in 5k it was ok , first time for me when i have nice gameplay

Falc09 likes this.
  7. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

I know that some players don't have these performance problems that much. However I did not hear of anybody being able to play millions. But I can say that the majority of players I know have these massive performance problems which make the game unplayable. Most of them do not complain in forums because they are so disappointed and do not believe that the problems can be fixed. I think about 80% of all players stopped playing because of this reason.

[RO]Proof likes this.
  8. Privateer

Privateer Active Member

I can only echo the sentiments here.

I was very pumped for the game, having been a fan of the series (and AC) since they first appeared, however I feel that I'm still in a beta test.

Yes things have improved and yes they are working on additional content and updates, however I still feel that I'm playing half a game here, content wise (still waiting for Steam Workshop support too!). It's fine saying it will all be available eventually, however I don't like being drip-fed and having to wait for things that should have been in the game from the get-go.

For a measly sum of money I can play all of the original Cossacks with all the same features, save for 3D graphics, have all the nations, have the lovely Mod1, plus content such as 18th C ships, Bedouin, Galleasses, etc that should be in the game by default!

I'll continue to peruse on this forum and follow the latest news, however my motivation for playing the game is dwindling.

9. [RO]Proof

[RO]Proof Active Member

yes , i agree whit you 100%

10. [-NF-]Baton

[-NF-]Baton Active Member

No one play millions, because its impossible. As millions player I agree with CATWEAZEL and still will play C:BTW:(

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- likes this.
  11. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

Same here :( In C3 million is still unplayable...

Cossacks: Back to War have the best experince with million and gameplay ...

[RO]Proof likes this.
  12. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

Good luck mate, was nice to see you back. I totally support you, the game turned into a scam, literally.

13. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

I very strongly disagree with both comments above by Fulcrum and KoK. The game IS getting better. The latest patch especially. Millions is for testing not playing. Seriously, millions is a click-fest not a game. Play on real settings.

The game is NOT a scam. It cost me about $35 Australian dollars. Most young people p*ss that away on a Friday night out. I know I did when I was young and the dollars were worth a lot more then than they are now.

If you have problems with the game mod it. Quit complaining and DO something about it. The best modders (not me I as am still learning) are doing stuff which gives the Devs new leads in making this game better and better. I am tired of complainers who won't lift a finger to try to make anything better. If you are that negative maybe it is best that you leave.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  14. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

With all due respect, it's not to anybodies job to fix the game but the developers, they created the game, we are the customers who purchased it, most people are not whinging they are complaining about genuine problems, were not talking about minuscule issues, but actual gameplay issues that prevent the game from even being played. I bet if you had even just one of the issues some of use are experiencing you'd be the first to jump on the complaints band wagon. Have you played the game for over an hour and have it crash or run slow over and over again, or really bad lag despite having more than the required PC specs? Have you had the game crash randomly for no reason over and over again?

It's all relative to each users experience, whilst you might be enjoying the game and not experiencing the crashes and lag, there are a lot of people who are.

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- likes this.
  15. Ftoomsh

Yes, I have had all those bad experiences you talk about. Every one of them and then more. I swore a bit and then got over it and got positive again. In addition to playing frustrations I have modding frustrations. I had a new firing system ready for testing and almost to the minute a new patch came in and broke my mod. I mean it just black-screened. I backed out of the new firing system, put it aside, and spent 5 hours re-doing my mod and testing so it so it would work after the new patch and not lose any functionality. Now the mod works like a charm again and the new patch makes it even better. I work hard at playing and I work hard at modding. It's my choice of a hobby of course. I've learned this game, this modding system and this script language from scratch with no formal training in programming and I am on the wrong side of 60 years old. Sure, I am lucky I have enough spare time to do this for a hobby. But I put in the effort. Sure, have a whinge, I do too, but then get over it and do something positive for the game, for the C3 community, for you clan etc.

I love this game. I don't like seeing it getting unfair reviews. This game is really starting to work seriously well now in so many ways. In other ways, yes it still needs improvement. But it is improving in leaps and bounds. I predict the improvement will be exponential now. The modding community is doing some seriously interesting stuff too.

When you see something broken don't ask whose job it is to fix it. Pitch in and do your part to help fix it if you have access, expertise and permission. We have been given access and permission to mod this game and improve things from our perspective. Modding creativity feeds back and helps the developers too.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  16. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

I agree pretty much 100% on what you have said, I have seen the work you have done for Cossacks 3, so there is no issue on personal merits there. The only thing I disagree with is the "pitch in and do you part", most of us do this, we submit bugs and also crash reports, yet the game is still not stable.

You have to understand the reason most of us are critical of GSC is because we want this to work, we love the original passionately, we don't want it to fail, so naturally we are going to be fiery and critical of the games short-comings, lets wait and see what the future holds for Cossacks 3 :)

Zakxaev68 and Loner like this.
  17. Fulcrum

Fulcrum Active Member

And I strongly disagree with what you say, here is why:

Millions is a good setting for those who want large multi-thousand battles. Wasn`t this the advertisement slogan fo the game? Don`t tell me in a regular game with PT <30-40 you can get a large army to simulate a battle as it actually was back in those centuries. This statement is in defense of the game developers, maybe because you re collaborating with them during your modding. I can understand the warm feelings but do not impose them to others.

The game is a scam. What is a scam - its when you are being sold something which is not what you were told it is. Bernard Maddoff was a nice gentleman who did exactly this. Did they sell a game that was barely working and is still experiencing serious issues? Yes. Did people pay good money for it? Yes. Does the game resemble a working piece of software worth people`s money? No. So you tell me how you call this, my dictionary is perhaps not as diverse. This game is essentially the same, as if you go to a showroom and buy a car only to discover at a later point the car would cut off and leave you on the road because its electrical systems were not tested, its radio does not function properly but you paid good money for it. So, what`s the end result - you paid to stand on the road with a non-working car but once you get (by public means of transport) to the showroom, the salesman tells you - we`ll have a service campaign for your engine failures (so a patch) in some months time, meanwhile you can keep on paying your leasing. And your analogy with its price compared to a bar is ridiculous. In a bar i get what I pay for - good beer and fun. Money well spent. With this alpha version of a game you get frustration. The game was half completed in 2 years or so (until today). 50, 000 copies produce 1 million 750 000 USD for a game made in Ukraine which has a lower living costs standard. Divided by 24 that gives almost USD73, 000 per month. If you tell me this is nothing we have paid for, than you really have it all very wrong mate.

And you last point is really shocking. So, I need to pay good money for a non-working product so I can fix it myself? Why should I lose my time in doing so when I have paid for it? Perhaps they should name it the www.diycossacks3.com "Enjoy the battlefields of Renaissanse Europe*" What the hell was this you said, really?
    * You need to spend some 20-30 hours to fix our bugs. The game requires programming skills. If you don`t have any, just pay us and wait for someone else who paid good money for our unfinished product to help you finally get it working

18. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

Look I do not think that any of us are truly happy with the game we got. This was mainly I think because even though we were told that it would be a remaster of C1 we thought that there would be an advancement of that game, and not just a clone.

I expected to see some new units, better balance, and a revision, of some of the known bugs, and aggravations. Examples would be market corrections, cannon crews, mercenary center changes. Make all units playable in multiplayer. The game did not even take off where Bad dogs mod left it.

Add to that the many bugs released with the game, and I can understand many peoples disappointments. And Millions players I admit have the most to be disappointed about. The game does not handle the huge armies of millions games very well. Maybe its the engine, perhaps its the code. I don't know.

But the game is making large improvements on a weekly basis. Yes they still have a way to go before we are content with the base result.

But the game is what it is. For some it will never be enough. But for some of us it is so much more than we had. Our love of the game over the years has made us immune to problems, we are just so happy to have another Cossacks to play with. We will be patient. and contribute to the gaming experience until we get where we want it to be.

We will loose some, and we will gain some. That is the way it always is.

But for the most part, the game is already changing. the mod that footmsh is modding is really making huge improvements in game play. It is like a totally new game in feel and play. If we could get some new units added it would amazing.

Hang in there, the best is yet to come!

Good gaming all,

Daddio

Loner likes this.
  19. Ftoomsh

I think the angst over this issue is not commensurate with the money spent. As I pointed out, most young people spend more on alcohol on a single Saturday night out than on the price of this game. I admitted I did exactly this when I was a young person, just to avoid any charges of being a sanctimonious old hypocrite. So if the cost is less than a carousing night out, then the value is far better. You drink the alcohol and next morning its gone and your money is gone and you have a hangover. You buy this game, it's a bit buggy, it gets progressively better and you still have it to play over and over. I admit I got a bit cranky with the initial state of the game and some problems I had with it. But as it got better I saw I could do something with it as a player and as a modder.

The fact that a game can be released on-line and rapidly patched on-line has changed the whole method of releases. This might even mean we got C3 when we simply never would have gotten it if the old model of releasing on disk had still applied. This new method of releasing brings costs down and brings forward the revenue stream to the company. As I say, this very possibly means you get something that would never have been possible at all on the other release model. The price we pay is early bugs. It's not ideal but it is what it is. Adapt. Make the best of it. Or go to another game or pastime. It's that simple.

20. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

It is your opinion and I respect it.

Maybe in thousands it is now improved. But in Millions hardly at all...

Millions are for testing? Where is that written? :)

Why is there possible to have 32 000 units and millions as a starting options - for playing and for players who like big battles of course :)
    Or why is it in the game if we could not play it ?

And?

If you have 5 APM go play 1000 with 20 units...

I like it and many other players too from Cossacks: Back to War. And it is really sad that we can't play it and have same experience in C3 yet.

I am quite sure for 1/3 of players millions are real settings.

[-NF-]Baton likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice