MORALE

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by goodbetatester<------, Jan 16, 2016.

1. I would love to see this morale aspect like Cossacks 2,(more tactic,more reality).

Nowy and Loner like this.
  2. TodSky

TodSky New Member

I agree I really loved the stamina and morale system in Cossacks 2 with the road and cross country march differences. But I get the feeling nether will be in C3. But I am sure it will be a great game ether way.

Nowy likes this.
  3. condor_fly

condor_fly Administrator Staff Member

Game system can't generate right roads on the random map, thats why there was no random maps in C2. In C3 will be the random maps thats why the roads shouldn't be present.

4. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

Can someone please explain the morale system in C2? I havent played C2 for a long time and it is not working on my PC. In AC they just run away what I kind of dislike.

Loosing ANY FORM of Control over my units no. I hate stuff like that.

Other disadvantages like reduced attack speed or attack range, or increased damage taken. Why not.

5. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

In cossack 2, once units are in formation they will have a base morale (which can be higher with a officer, drummer, standardbearer who also add more damage), it's not really high at first, they are recruits and will flee soon if they loss lot of men in a short time. To have a higher morale they needed to experience combat without breaking the formation as well as gain a better combat ability. If you have a formation that have seen lot of combat it could stand the line pretty well even when crippled by ennemy fire.
    You lose morale if the formation suffer loss, some unit of cavalry also have a fearsome presence in melee that will lead to faster loss of morale. If you order the formation to move while they have no stamina left or they are fleeing ally unit passing close, you would also have a loss of morale up until breaking point, where they would flee at the first ennemy shot.
    Your units gain morale when killing ennemy soldier, be it by shooting or in melee, morale can also slowly regenerate over time or by the action of priest up to his maximum allowed by the experience of the formation.

I hope it helped you :)

6. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

Hard to explain the morale system of C2, it is very complex.

But in a nutshell this is it.

Several factors effect moral. fatigue, numbers of units killed per formation, panic of other formations, shock factor of fire received ( flank attacks, or attacks from the rear).

You can build up your moral by killing enemy units, digging in, in strong formations, (square for Calvary attacks, or line for frontal attacks etc.) , and by adding officers, drummers, or flag bearers.

For me moral was a wonderful system. It forced you to think about haw you formed your attack, wildly throwing your forces at an opponent resulted in an break by your troops. It turned the game into a game of strategy and maneuver. timing your attacks. and thinking about you moves in advance of you making them.

C1 was a game of tricks, knowing how to use your pikes as fodder for covering fire. and when to hit with Calvary to stop the shooting units from delivering fire. 300% stone and market the fastest. While C2 done away with most of the tricks part, and created a much more realistic game.

In C1 you built mostly one or two types of units. While the economy of C3 forced you to make nearly all of the units, you simply could not afford to purchase one unit only.

C1 was build fast, fight fast, and start a new game. C2 was build fast, then move to control the map, The mining system was changed to villages. Control of these villages were paramount to building your forces. Capturing, and holding them are a big part of the game.

The moral system changes the game, many think its better, many do not. Its just what you like i guess.

Good gaming all,

Daddio

7. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

8. Hansol333

Hansol333 Active Member

The reason you mostly used 1 or 2 types of units in C1 was due private upgrades. Upgrades that made only one unit stronger.

If you start a low resource game with zero PT it is very hard to train 17c pike and 17c musketeer and do private upgrades.
    Firstly you need gold/food to make the units better and is it a good idea to spend much money for only a few units? no it is better to make other research.
    Also 500 training time was quite long. Lets take for example 6 private upgrades. That makes 3000 research time, you could also train 20 pike during that time.

I just hope that they remove private upgrades because I hate them. Besides that units without private upgrades were a joke. 17c musket gunfire with 9 damage, oh yes so dangerous.

goodbetatester<------ likes this.
  9. [RO]Proof

[RO]Proof Active Member

lol, stamina? 2 players, big map, other camp like hell, maybe i play better and i try to atack but my army lost stamina because of long road, what chance i have?
    Cossacks1 have a unique gameplay, we dont have another alternative and others come here and want to change gameplay. Morale, experience, fatigue will change 100% gameplay, what is wrong whit you guys?

sanzo likes this.
  10. TodSky

TodSky New Member

I personally had a lot more fun in C2 than C1 especially with the multiplayer battles. Both historical and skirmish modes. It was just a great game. I only wish the maps where bigger. I felt there was not enough open spaces, the maps all felt a little too compact.

So I am really hoping C3 will be a nice middle ground between the two.

But regardless I am very excited, C3 is the only game I am remotely interested in at the moment.

Nowy likes this.
  11. Sapper

Sapper New Member

I wish under artillery fire the morale down very fast but the shoot side gain effect too :D

12. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

Actually as long as you use roads there are no loss of stamina. only once you go off road does it affect your fatigue rating. And camping does not work because you must leave out and capture villages to survive. But non the less you are correct about C3. But the game will be a strong base for future game development. and all things, even a next generation of C2 could, and most likely will follow.

Loner likes this.
  13. TodSky

TodSky New Member

Next generation C2 now that sounds like my typical wet dream. ;)

14. [EiS]bob

[EiS]bob Member

Pardon me but... God forbid.
    Do all you want with the mods though :D

15. ok if you prefer american - conquest like morale ,i just think it makes the game more strategic not being able to send a single pikeman againist some thousands of soldiers.
    Also the +attack of experienced troops was cool,in my opinion

16. what was great at ac-c2 was that cannons could prove to be greatly useful againist static opponents,by terrrifying them

17. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Morale, experience, fatigue are important battlefield factors which many players would like to see in C3 game.
    Nothing is wrong in that matter. Gameplay could looks much better when you will see paniced soldiers fleeing than suicidal fighting to the last man how it was in C1 game. There are much more realistic factors which you need to take into account during gameplay.

Look here
    https://www.cossacks3.com/forum/index.php?threads/moral-system-like-cossacks-2.42/

There are many players which like morale in the game. They are not wrong.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    lars gottfridsson and Loner like this.
  18. TodSky

TodSky New Member

Troop moral and experience would enhance the game so much. These are not complex things for the player or surely for the developer, so why not?

Otherwise we have a very simple numbers game with just huge spam attacks and no real strategy. Maybe that's fine for some but I enjoy a more complex tactical game. With smaller more complicated engagements as oppose to one huge melee.

Anyway I hope you understand me, I am writing from work so I won't proof read this xD

19. sanzo

sanzo New Member

Totally agree !!

[RO]Proof likes this.
  20. Afritus

Afritus Member

Cossacks 1 and Cossacks 2 are very different games. The morale aspect did a great job in C2, but I don't think it would be appropriate in a game like C1. There are many reasons for it, but I think that the fast-paced gameplay of C1 is not compatible with mechanics like morale, fatigue and so on. And, after all, Cossacks 3 is going to be a remake of Cossacks 1.
    Of course I could be wrong and this is only my opinion, but I'd say: No morale and fatigue for Cossack 3, please. Or at least include an option for it, if it's implemented.

Masher, [RO]Proof and Daddio like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice