News 15.01.2017

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cossack, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Cossack

Cossack Administrator Staff Member

Hello!

Within the last twenty-four hours we corrected a number of issues that troubled our users, to be more specific - the ones resulted errors below:
    Generation of similar maps
    Lags and hitches within the game
    Loss of FPS

We constantly produce changes and we will try more be more open with you about our bugfixing process, so that there will be no mistake that we are inactive.

Have a good day!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

Glad to hear! Is this the v1.3.0.60.4440 patch? Because that's what version my game is currently at? Can we please get a list of changes/fixes with this patch?

3. [RO]Proof

[RO]Proof Active Member

i see another bug, when first player quit all units production stop and all peasents stop to work for all players, i have must put back to work and start for all military buildings to create units again

4. juippiduipAlKuip

juippiduipAlKuip New Member

That bug is months old. They have already noted it and the work is in progress. We just have to be patient.

5. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

Nice to hear that. Sadly the massive performance problems are still there. I always test it after every patch. I hope you can fix it in the future.

6. Original-Cossacks-Player

You get the lag problems?

7. Falc09

Falc09 Active Member

No lag or heavy frame drops for me during the last two nights. (played several games 4vs4, 5000, 30pt - so we had some decent armys on the screen). Yes the game stil reduces its speed during the first 5 minutes after peacetime when everyone sends their armies into battle, but thats fine for me as it gives you more time for precise micro management.

8. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday I played 2 games DEF, Million, PT 10 min...
    First game 2v4 - there were about 4000 - 5000 and it lags like there were 8000 or 9000 units ...
    Second game 2v2 - there were about +5000 units and it was the same case as in the first game and just lost the battle because of the lags .. can't control army :(

9. Original-Cossacks-Player

Falc09 & [KGR]-^K[o]K^- this is what I am trying to work out, why are some people not getting much lag but others get heaps? And it doesn't even seem to be PC specs that make the difference, I have two decent PC systems whether I am host or not the games just lag something shocking, the mouse can barely move, scrolling the screen is terrible, yet people with lower spec systems seem to have less lag. And I have fast broadband internet.
    I have my graphics cards updated to the latest versions too.

I had a look on the Cossacks 3 steam forums/discussions, I hadn't been on there for a while and there are a lot and I mean a lot of problems with this game, I didn't realise that many people were having problems, access violations, freezes etc. sorry to sound like the negative one all the time, but I really really want this game to succeed, I'm just concerned that it will dry up and multiplayer will become less and less when there is no one in the lobby to play a game :-(

10. Original-Cossacks-Player

Falc09 what are you system specs?

11. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

After new patch the game lags are worst then before ... and also other players say the same here and on steam too.

my pc:
    https://www.cossacks3.com/forum/inde...10-2016-1-1-0-49-4000.27222/page-2#post-69251

My PC:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G, 8GB GDDR5
    Memory: Kingston 16GB KIT DDR4 3000MHz CL15 HyperX Savage Black
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 5
    Harddisk: WD Black 1TB 64MB cache FZEX
    Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
    Source: Corsair Professional Series HX650 650W
    Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2

12. Original-Cossacks-Player

mine are
    Intel core i5-6500 Skylake processor, 8GB RAM DDR4, Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX480 8GB graphics card

13. Original-Cossacks-Player

What specs do you have? I am trying to see if there is a trend in system specs? Perhaps certain graphics cards don't run as well with Cossacks 3? If the game has not been optimized for certain brands of graphics cards this could be the issue? Remembering the game was never beta tested (we are the beta testers now with a fully released game lol)

14. Original-Cossacks-Player

WOW what a rig! You shouldn't have any problems at all with those specs, especially all that RAM!
    Do you host multiplayer games? Do you get the same result if you host or join?

15. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

unfortunately, I have :(

of course

I think if I host the game its better, but it is not so big difference

16. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

Why if you play Multiplayer alone vs PC cheats are allowed ?
    example www

17. Falc09

Falc09 Active Member

Win 10
    i5 4670 (So 1150 4 x 3,4Ghz)
    16GB DDR3 Corsair RAM
    Z87 G45 MSI Gaiming Mainboard
    GTX 770 Palit (will be replaced by GTX 1070 in a few weeks)
    Game and Windows installed on two seperate SSD Disks

Internet:
    downstrem: 20Mbit (2500kbyte/s)
    upstream 1Mbit (125kbyte/s)

RAM usage while playing C3 is no more than 40% to 50% even with programms running in the background. And CPU usage is at 20-80% for 2 cores if I remeber that right.

I swear I never experienced any heavy lag that results in bad mouse response or stutter during scrolling. Even in 30pt million games where the overal unit limit (before the patch) was reached around the end of the peacetime.

Edit: the only lag I experienced was no response of units to orders or very low gamespeed with delayed building placement for example. Since the last patch nothing like that happend.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  18. [RO]Proof

[RO]Proof Active Member

I dont have problem whit fps drops in 5k pt 20-30 games but some times when i try to select 1 type of units whit ctrl +a and press to select 18 musk for ecxample he keep selected all types of units.I started whit 90-100 fps on the begin , around 40 fps when peace time finish and 30-40 fps in battles . rezolution 1440/900, all setings high ,ssao and fxaa off
    http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5974294460

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  19. since the latest patch and updates I have been able to play the game but have been unable to move the game from PEACETIME mode into attack/battle the enemy.
    both sets of men, myself and computer as enemy, just walk into each other - unable to fire cannons/ships/muskets which had previously been on autofire when in range.
    I have tried using different armies but to no success, even removal and reinstall hasnt rectified..

Is anyone else having similar issues???
    Can anyone recommend a patch/fix to put this right.

Currently, the game is unplayable as i can only build for peacetime...

is there a toggle/switch somewhere in the menu that i have missed??

many thanks.

20. condor_fly

condor_fly Administrator Staff Member

I gave it to our tecnical support

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice