Off Topic.

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Daddio, Jul 13, 2015.

1. condor_fly

condor_fly Administrator Staff Member

Holodomor 1932-1933
    http://memorialholodomors.org.ua/en/main/44
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
    it and WW2 fre the saddest moments of Ukrainian history

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

This thread is now so sad :(
    So as to lighten it, here something I found sometimes ago on youtube, I was searching cossacks songs and found this totaly by luck, I found it funny. (I now have a good number of ukrainian and russian songs but can't distinguish between the two of them !)

3. [IG]Hipolit

[IG]Hipolit Active Member

I understand that there were victims, nobody deserves that faith.

But I just cannot understand why basically all southern-west part of those times USSR (including mainly Ukraine, but not only) was starving to death... Was it more a result of the collapse of the whole USSR economy and then centralized decisions that it is better to take food (if any left) from lands inhabited more by non-Russian minorities etc...?

And by the way... what is this?

[​IMG]

And how come that Ukrainian language was spoken in Rostov (Kuban)? Was there any emigration etc?

Wishes

Hippo

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  4. Unikron

Unikron Active Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  5. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

Yes, Ukrainians starved to death many, many times, even in 17-18th century.
    You could read something what happened during and after Khmelnytsky uprising.

Ukraine was ruined, heavily looted, many peasants were slavered by Tatars at that times.
    Various armies crossed and grabed this country in late 17th and almost all 18th centuries.

Many cereals plans were abandoned and animals were killed or captured by various troops and reasons.
    Food production droped down and agriculture needed time to recover after long wars times.
    Therefore there were lot of hunger and starvation and many victims of that bloody times.

6. condor_fly

where did you read about that? how do you know about what happened there? maybe you live at that times?

7. [IG]Hipolit

In analogy we can ask you about holodomor... This is not a way of discussion.

BTW this reminds me quite strong revisionist movements in nowadays Russia, like Anatoly Fomenko, who in fact is of Ukrainian origin.

8. condor_fly

grandmother tolds me how it was in east-south of Ukraine and how died her willege neighbours
    don`t anger me with these, its continue hurts
    this is ukrainian once, you can distinguish the ukrainian cossacks with red or blue wide trousers "sharovaru" and wite shirt with purl
    here for your collection

Foeurdr and Unikron like this.
  9. [IG]Hipolit

Ok, then why this what Nowy writes is sentenced by you to be suspicious? You know your version from older Family members, maybe he also knows it from Family stories, or memories written down in the dairies, books and transferred from generation to generation?

10. condor_fly

Foeurdr, here another for your collection

Foeurdr likes this.
  11. [IG]Hipolit

... and these are the words of a descendant of brave cossacks warriors...

It is nothing to flash around with any of national agonies and pains from the past. Frankly speaking there is nothing to flash around and be proud of that your ancestors were screwed in this or that way.

12. condor_fly

Frankly speaking, there is nothing to flash around that polishes were strong europians all the time and was not screwed by germans and russians

13. [IG]Hipolit

Absolutely right! This is also nothing to flash around :)

14. [IG]Hipolit

... no comment here Guys.... It is like kids in the sandbox boasting about this who is giving bigger feces...

15. Nowy

Nowy Well-Known Member

I know this facts from historical books and simple logic. There were lot of victims at that times.
    Hunger and starvation was one from many causes of death or refuges.

Starvation was not only Ukrainian problem at that period.
    Read something about thirty year war or deluge or other cases which happened at that times.

16. Foeurdr

Thanks Condor_fly for the songs, I already knew most but you gave me some version I didn't have :)
    Well I can basically distinguish visualy between ukrainian cossacks and russian but I was speaking more of the language, they sound so similar to me !

17. [IG]Hipolit

Quite similar like Occitan and French...

18. condor_fly

I like you enjoy them
    about language let my give you one advice: if you want to recognize the ukraine language listen it like a music if it sounds like a smooth river without roughnasses or like the fast birds songs - here is ukrainian speech

19. Foeurdr

Could be, occitan seems like a mix between french and spanish, it sound more like the later though.

20. condor_fly

no Ukraine and Russia languages are like English and French ones

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    Unikron likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice