Patch Notes 17.10.2016 (1.1.0.49.4000)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Atem, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

After the last patch, the blackness goes on forever at the top of the screen.:eek:

2. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

Yes, being able to queue a LOT of houses at the right point in the game was a great help. One was able to attend to other economic and military tasks of the game then, confident that house building would continue to the end of the queue.

3. Ftoomsh

Speaking of queues, another game (Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance) gives the player the ability to queue units before the building is finished. Of course, the queued training of units does not start until the building is finished. This is a great idea as you do not have to go back to that building to start the unit training queue. You can get on to other tasks.

If you want to try Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance, you can buy it from Steam. It's a futuristic army game with a big unit count and a great array of land, air and sea units. Go to the Forged Alliance Forever (FAF) site to play the game once you have it installed. That site automatically updates your version to the latest Mod. FAF are a fan modding group which has kept a new server running and the game patched and modded (better but in the original spirit of the game) after the developer stopped supporting the game and closed the official server! What an inspiration to the modding community are the people at FAF (Forged Alliance Forever)! Three cheers for FAF! :)

4. (OC)Fotheringill

(OC)Fotheringill Active Member

People have referred to lags. I have more than enough hardware but the only lag I experience is waiting for others to load up at the start. Are people saying there is lag DURING game play?

[PR]Ernest likes this.
  5. Ftoomsh

Yes, I am sure I have seen both. Command lag in game is indicative of internet lag I think. I think in-game lag is causing some of my issues. The Aussie often gets the blame for the lag which is correct in one sense. We are far away from everyone else in USA, UK and EU. Closer to Asian players but few play this game. It would be marvelous if developers added Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Indian (Maharaja) armies. That could make the game popular in the East. Western armies did fight some of these in the 17th C and 18th C era.

Internet lag can be managed by developers locking the game to 500 ms delay for commands for all players. That still allows 120 commands (keystrokes, clicks and click & drags) per minute for each player. It's called APM or Actions Per Minute. There are few but theKorean super-experts in Starcraft who can micro faster than 120 APM.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  6. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

Anyone else have problems when building walls, especially on the plateaus when you build a wall enemy units can walk around it

7. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- Moderator Staff Member

Hello, after 10 minutes peace time in 2v2 there were almost 8 000 - 9 000 units. Each player had about 2000 - 2500 units.
    When battle start on the screen was about 4000 - 5000 units it started lagging and the game was unplayable. (I mean when all musketeers/ dragoons start shooting and all pikemen/ officers/ horses start walking and fighting on one/ both sides).

Any idea? What processes should I close? Or what game settings should I turn off? I Already tried vertical sync.

Thanks for help!

task manager/ my processes:
    [​IMG]

my game settings:
    [​IMG]

I played:
    Map Shape: Single Continent
    Terrain Type: Plain
    Starting Resources: Millions
    Minerlas: Poor

Start Options: Default
    Ballons Options: Ballons
    Cannons: No Cannons, Tower and Walls
    Peace time: 10 min
    18th Century Options: Immediately
    Capture: No Capturing Peasant

My PC:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G, 8GB GDDR5
    Memory: Kingston 16GB KIT DDR4 3000MHz CL15 HyperX Savage Black
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 5
    Harddisk: WD Black 1TB 64MB cache FZEX
    Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
    Source: Corsair Professional Series HX650 650W
    Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  8. Commodore

Commodore Active Member

hey Kok that is a pretty high spec system you got there. Can you tell me do you get the same issues if you play the AI on a random map game ? If so that would lead me to believe that the game is not optimised properly and no matter how much graphics or processing power you have it will always have issues until they can fix it.

9. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

Hello, I am in work now, so I can test it tonight.

10. Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68 Active Member

commodore, same exact circumstances reported along any hardware range. likely crap engine optimization.

11. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

When I use the editor to fight with 3000 dragoons against 3000 musketeers I have 1 FPS :D

12. I don't think the number of processes has anything to do with it or at least any that I see open on the list. For starters I would drop shadow map resolution down 1 level and turn SSAO and FXAA off as they don't seem to make a lot of difference in game at least appearance wise.

13. [KGR]-^K[o]K^-

Hello, so I had
    Shadow map resolution 1024-1024
    SSAO off
    FXAA off
    Vertical sync on,

I test it also in Editor exactly like you 3000 Musketeers vs 3000 Dragoons

When units start move I had like 30,xx FPS
    when they start shooting FPS start go down and jump like this:
    30 FPS to 0 and back to 30
    25 to 0 and back to 25
    20 to 0 and back to 20
    20 - 15 to 0 and back to 20 - 15 and this is the lowest FPS I had

and when units after battle start gradually stop moving FPS start increased to 60 FPS (Vertical sync on)...

In the multiplayer I think its very similar/even worse I do not know for sure in multiplayer I do not see FPS ...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  14. Commodore

Commodore Active Member

i am not that technical but i did have a thought that perhaps it is not a graphics problem in the game but a sound effect problem? All the individual shooting sounds might cause lag?
    I hope they can fix this because I just dont watch the battles any more, i just send in the troops and then click somewhere quiet on the map.

15. Nath33killer

Nath33killer Member

When will missing countries be added ?

16. [KGR]Mustang

[KGR]Mustang Member

Although it is much worse when the units shoot I also have massive lags when they only move. When all units stand still I have also lag and a very low FPS rate.

Zakxaev68 likes this.
  17. Zakxaev68

Zakxaev68 Active Member

Throughout present to mid/late 2017, about early as New Year's Eve 2x DLC batches getting us yet-to-be-announced pair nations. Source is firm.

18. Stu

Stu Active Member

I hope you do not mind me asking for information about the in-game map editor. Itching to get map making. Any news would be very welcome.

19. [KGR]CATWEAZEL

[KGR]CATWEAZEL Moderator Staff Member

That's the reason why i didn't touch Cossacks 3 for nearly 4 weeks. It is unplayable when it comes to normal sized battles in 10pt Million ressources.... The lags destroy the whole gameplay and game enjoyment.
    Considering the developers announced a good game engine able to handle all kind of army sizes with rather weak computer systems without any lags nearly a year ago, the current state of the game is a massive disappointment.
    How happy was I when i got the game for free and became a beta tester 1 week before release. After the first 10 minutes of playing i discovered a list of bugs that filled nearly 2 pages.
    The developers of course work hard now to fix many things, but it comes too late in my opinion. Many famous players have already stopped playing it, because of the disappointment due to all the bugs.
    A proper beta test half a year ago could have avoided this development...

20. IRooman

IRooman Member

I can easily do 3000vs3000 musketeers. Haven't tried with bigger troops yes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice