Story behind your game name.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Daddio, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

While we wait here for the Beta to start and the game to be released. I thought it might be fun to know the story behind your game name.

Post it here.

2. Styo

Styo Active Member

My name is Stephan, which is Стьопа in Ukrainian. Everyone called me Стьо "Styo" for short, and now that's pretty much my name for everything online.

[KGR]-^K[o]K^- and Daddio like this.
  3. Daddio

Daddio Moderator Staff Member

Back when I first started playing Computer games, I always signed in as Dad. My kids used their names, this way we kept our saved games separate, and we could compete with each other.

Once I started playing on-line, the name dad was always taken. So I started playing under Daddio.

Plus I personally identify myself as Dad, It was my life's greatest accomplishment.

4. Foeurdr

Foeurdr Moderator Staff Member

I use two name online, this one Foeurdr and another which is Cherebuschka

Foeurdr was the first name I came with, it's the word "feu" (fire) that I modified a bit to be original so it became foeu (actually it's the œ we have in french but it's a pain to type) and at the time I was fond of viking so I added something that looked like scandinavian hence Foeurdr. It was pratical as it was never taken. Now I use it mainly when I register on forum.

Cherebuschka is a lot more recent, I saw on youtube a cartoon called Cheburashka (it's nice you should look at it), found it sounded good and since I play russian frequently on game I tried to write it. I failed but Cherebuschka also has a good sound to it so I made it my user name.

5. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

Mine is self explanatory, always prefered my own company.:D

Daddio likes this.
  6. powerpinch

powerpinch Member

Mine's pretty boring as I didn't really have a decision behind it.
    In 2002 or so I was 10 and needed a username for Runescape, so this is what I came up with.

I rolled with it and now I don't think I'd ever choose a different username.

Daddio likes this.
  7. Field Marshall

Field Marshall Active Member

My name comes from a game I played when I was very young. We had a big clan and the group had different important members that payed for the clan's virtual lands. I did most of their in-game gear/armor, and built their base, made scripts for them and made them other items. To thank me, they wanted to give me a really high rank but they didn't want to give me General (the highest rank at the time) because the Generals have access to the clan's account (with money in it) and they didn't really want to give access to the money to anyone but those people who were paying to sustain the virtual lands because their account information was on file( i wasn't paying anything). So what they did is they created a new rank in the clan, higher than general, they called it FieldMarshall, and they assigned me that rank. Although the rank was higher than general in the clan's hierarchy it didn't really have any of the powers the generals had like using the account's money or lands. At the time i had a weird username (hard to read) so everyone just called me FieldMarshall. When we started playing new games, making mods and making other accounts I used FieldMarshall so that they would recognize who I was and so that stayed as my username for pretty much every game I play or every community account I make.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Daddio and [KGR]-^K[o]K^- like this.
  8. [K_A]WARLORD

[K_A]WARLORD Member

It was early December 2001 and I was a rookie Cossacks player and wanted to embarke on a new adventure to lead my own clan after the mighty UTC disbanded.

I came up with the name for the clan however was pondering for a while on what name I should have... WARLORD was written somewhere on the front page of the start up screen. I thought this is a perfect name as...

A WARLORD is a leader able to exercise military, economic, and political control over a subnational territory within a sovereign state due to his or her ability to mobilize armed forces loyal to the warlord. These armed forces, are loyal to the warlord rather than to the state regime.

So just the right name to lead a clan and what a successful clan it's been over all these years!

Daddio likes this.
  9. ono1

ono1 Active Member

Im simple man..... I just made shortcut from my name + add numbers which has no real meaning

Daddio likes this.
  10. Ftoomsh

Ftoomsh Well-Known Member

I happened to read of a research lab at a university which had two servers called Ftoomsh and Annubis. I decided Ftoomsh would be a good Cossacks name. When pike groups fought in C1, they always seemed to be sounding like "ftoomsh, ftoomsh" to me. Only a little later did I realise Ftoomsh or Ftumch was the demon imp in The Young Ones TV show. My goal is always to play like a demon imp! ;)

11. incognitamus

incognitamus New Member

Got my name from incognito+anonymous=incognitamus
    :D

Daddio likes this.
  12. GGMarZhill

GGMarZhill New Member

My name is comprised of my Surname, Marsden-Hill, so I kind of combined it to get MarZhill. . .slapped the GG for the good game factor (Y).

The other game names here are far more interesting!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice