What causes lag in Cossacks 3?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Original-Cossacks-Player, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

So its got me completely confused as to what actually causes lag in Cossacks 3 when you host a game?

If I host a game with my PC which is well beyond the recommended specs and also has dedicated fast cable internet (I only run internet to my PC, nothing else) it lags on all the other players PC's, their units response lag by 10 seconds or more sometimes, I have even tried using a different PC and a different internet connection at a mates house, same result.

Whats even more troubling is that a few times I have disconnected completely from my internet connection, its actually dropped out while playing Cossacks 3, I have never ever ever had a drop out from my internet provider, not once, never in 13+ years, Cossacks 3 actually disconnects my internet connection, I can play Battlefield 1 on the same PC with the same internet connection and it never lags ever, not ever, it never disconnects ever.

So what is the go with multiplayer Cossacks 3, we have the internet shell where we all create and join games, does this have any effect on the game when you launch a multiplayer game or does all the hosting go directly with the hosts PC and the Cossacks 3 server have nothing else to do with the multiplayer game other than record stats for win and loss count? While you host a multiplayer game does your connection rely on the Cossacks 3 server at all?

I am located in Australia, so the only thing I am guessing is my location to the Cossacks 3 server, but even still it should not lag like this. If I join a game never have a problem, it doesn't lag, runs good.

2. Falc09

Falc09 Active Member

Yes I think your location could be part of the Problem. I'm not sure but I think players connect directly to the hosts computer where the game is actually running. If you suffer constant lag right from the beginning your computer may not be the problem but your internet connection. Use a cable instead of wireless, deactivate firewall and stuff like that, maybe that helps a bit. Otherwise, if the lag increases during the game it might be due to the limited performance of your computer. Cossacks 3 only uses 2 CPU threads and requires really high clockspeeds and fast memory to compensate for that dual thread limitation. I recommend to have a quad core CPU (so that 2 cores can handle the game only and two cores deal with background programms and the operating system itself) with at least 4,0GHz clockspeed.

3. Original-Cossacks-Player

Original-Cossacks-Player Active Member

The game starts fine, can do 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4, can go all the way till 30PT, once the PT is over and the battles begin thats when it lags. My internet is connected directly with LAN wire to the PC as well. My PC specs are should be fine, Intel core i5-6500 Skylake processor, 16GB RAM DDR4, Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX480 8GB graphics card. Internet speed shouldn't be a problem, thats the part that stumps me...and the occasional disconnection?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice